PDA

View Full Version : Volant Air Intake.......

bobojay
04-14-2002, 13:37
Anyone bought the Volant Air Intake setup yet?

pullinpower
04-14-2002, 17:27
I bought the K&N airraid for my dmax and love it.mpg went up and it just seems to run better.

mdrag
04-14-2002, 19:53
bobojay,

I sent an email to Volant 02/11/02 about their air intake system fot the DMAX. Below is the reply I received the next day:

"we are having issues with the mass flow sensor. The system wont be available till May.
thank you for considering our system."

I haven't checked since...

sonofagun
04-15-2002, 09:06
Mdrag,

Any thoughts on Volant vs K&N? I'm still worried about the K&N dirt issue. I like Pulliinpowers post on performance but...

Bob

mdrag
04-15-2002, 09:34
Son of a Gun,

I'm running the original air filter and not sure what I'm going to do...I plan to continue with my oil analysis program, and after the numbers seem to stabilize, establish a baseline for my truck with the stock air filter - switch to one of the aftermarket filters and/or intakes - and continue with the oil analysis program and see what happens...unless I find out something convincing in the meantime.

The Amsoil or K&N air filter with/without a modified OEM airbox looks like a good starting point since it is a relatively inexpensive mod - then go from there.

I'd like to see oil analysis results from users of these different air filters...anyone have numbers from oil analysis before/after switching air filters???

sonofagun
04-15-2002, 10:22
Mdrag,

I can't make a decision either. I am running the Amsoil filter but haven't had it on long enough to get an analysis done (soon). I would like to open up the airflow and go to a 4" exhaust system (Kennedy?), followed by some type of computer upgrade that won't eat the system (once someone builds one and tests it for a good while). Gona ask questions and hang in the weeds a while yet.

Bob

JasonsSS
04-16-2002, 14:07
I have the Volant air intake on my 2001 2500 HD 6.0. It appears to be a well engineered piece. You do get a little more intake noise, than you have with the stock intake. I have also heard good things about the ultimatepd intake. www.ultimatepd.com

Jason

motovet
04-25-2002, 00:20
The filtration should be the same on the Volant as the K&N. I had the Volant on my last truck and the filter looks nearly identical to the K&N. It worked well for the 25,000 mi. I ran it. Had to clean it once and everything looked clean inside.

Alli-max
04-25-2002, 12:50
IIRC, Volant uses the K&N filter in their systems...