PDA

View Full Version : Roadmaster Active Suspension

DaveRuane
04-15-2002, 01:33
I just ordered one of these leaf spring accessories and wondered if anybody has used them.

Apparently it is like the old kicker shock but works much better in reducing axle wrap, wheel hop and sway. It looks like a beefy, variable rated coil spring that bolts to the top of your leaf springs from the axle to the rear end of the spring - effectively controlling axle wrap etc, without stiffening the ride.

Sounds like a great add-on. The URL is activesuspension.com

spctr13
04-23-2002, 09:25
Sorry it took me so long to reply .

Yes I have the "Roadmaster Active Suspension" installed .

Reason: After , and during an 18,600 mile trip to Alaska I experienced excessive rear tire wear , and rear end hop . Insalled them and got the added result of flatter highspeed turns , interstate on and off ramps etc..
Rotated tires ,checked pressures closely and went on a 12,000 mile trip pulling same trailer . Tire wear now seems to be normal . Off road desert driving, the hop and resulting digging myself in seems to be eliminated . The desert isn't the same as the cobbled beaches of Alaska , but they do eliminate the axel warp as advertised .
Installation is relatively quick and straight forward .

Mac

AlaskaDmax
04-23-2002, 10:48
How much $$$$$????

spctr13
04-23-2002, 11:37
Go to activesuspension.com .

Mine ,back late last year was $265.00

Mac

Mudflap
04-23-2002, 13:53
I put the Roadmaster kit on my truck at 6,000 miles and I have 38,000 on it now. The Roadmaster does everything they said it would as far as sway, lean and hop. I really think it helps with towing stability too. We pull a 34' Coachmen Travel Trailer. I think you will be very happy with this set-up. Installation takes about an hour or less and even I couldn't screw it up. I paid 259.00 including freight.

JF
04-23-2002, 16:08
anyone have part numbers for Roadmaster?

wangotango
04-23-2002, 23:44
How about Active Suspension product and a slide-in camper? Anyone doing it?

w/t