PDA

View Full Version : Daytime Runnin Lights

BLUMAX
04-16-2002, 14:29
Yep I know how to override them, my question is when they are on about adjusting the switchover from DRL's to headlights. Seems mine switch over with plenty of daylight left, is there a way and where is it, to adjust the sensitivity (who would have thought I knew what that word was ... LOL) to adjust the what-cha-ma-call-it box so it's darker outside before the switchover to full lights? Out here in Oregon a cloud passes overhead and "click" full lights, out from under the cloud, "click" back to DRL's only. Any ideas besides just overriding and shutting everything off?

IndigoDually
04-16-2002, 16:13
Do you keep anything on top of your dash?
If you do then you are probably blocking the ambient light sensor. If you have the climate control then you have two nubs near the windshield that look like acorn nuts, they are the sensors.
Hope this helps, John

BLUMAX
04-17-2002, 15:40
Nope, I know about the "acorns" for light sensors, and nothing is allowed on my beautiful dash, but I appreciate the suggestions. Just want to adjust them if possible where the headlights don't come on until it's darker ... I may be outa luck and have to just turn everything off with the "override".

YZF1R
04-17-2002, 17:36
Here is one possibility that I found here on the board last summer.

http://www.truckautoaccessories.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=9&CATID=6&Product_ID=10&count=1&Pcount=1&DETAIL=1

Steve