PDA

View Full Version : Bridgestone Duravis tires...

ochster
12-22-2004, 22:44
Brought home a new 3500 SRW last night. It came with 265 Bridgestone Duravis M77311 tires. I have over the years been a huge fan of the Michelin LTX M&S. I'm enclined to see if I can get any sorta of trade in while they are brand new and upgrade to the Michelins. That is of-course unless these are a worthy tires, I would love to not have to spend the money. I will be towing a fifth wheel near 12Klbs. Anyone with first hand experience with this tire? Thank you.

I had an outstanding effort by a salesman named Dwayne Pogue at Hiatt GMC in Tacoma WA. This was a couple months work to put together.

[ 12-22-2004, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: ochster ]

CJC
12-23-2004, 16:10
My truck has these in the 245 size. So far (12,500 mi) they seem pretty good. Dry traction is great, wet is fair, and snow is good to very good. I had the LTX tires on my last truck, and I would say that all around the two are comparable. I would save your money and run the Bridgestones. If this money is really burning a hole in your pocket, there must be some accessories you want for the new truck, right. Or hell, you could just send the money to me.

ochster
12-24-2004, 08:25
Thanks for the response, I did do the upgrade to Michelins. Pulling a 12K pound trailer I let my mind get the best of me. The Michelins just make me feel comfortable.