PDA

View Full Version : Sir we have never done this before

Turbo Al
04-17-2002, 10:06
Just dropped my truck off for some updates and work. I now realize that last week when I made the appointment that the Service guy was just nodding politely when taking my list of requests. I dropped it off this morning and a different Service guy said Sir we have never done this kind of work before, you are the first one. I almost left at this point but I went on to explain how to find the information on the updates and that they would (should) correct most of my complaints. This guy was NOT happy that a customer knew a little more than he did.

1. Updated airbox
2. Busy shifting between 4th & 5th.
3. Update all programs.
4. Check oil light stays on.
5. Stupid leaf spring snubbers gone -- broken--
this is the only thing he knew what the fix was.

So now I wait in dread on what to expect when I pick it up at 5:00. BTW this Dealer actually has someone there that has written articles for the DP hint,hint,hint, & the largest Dealer for 50 miles. OMG

Not so Turbo Al

mark45678
04-17-2002, 14:50
turbo.... I went threw the same BS every time My truck goes in .... I even know the tec that works on it! but the service mgr is a idiot and questions every thing. I had it in for a alinement and he said if its in factory spec your paying for it..... Dont worry its not I said ;) took care of that easy....dont ask I will not tell you how.but it did need on, it was cupping the tread.

mdrag
04-17-2002, 22:45
Turbo Al,

How'd it go?

hoot
04-18-2002, 10:49
Turbo Al,

There's another way of looking at it. These trucks are going on 2 years now. Dealers not knowing what to do with them is in some ways a good sign. Few repairs.

Imagine if he said "Yea, we do 10 of those a week."

Turbo Al
04-18-2002, 11:51
Well I got "The Call" at 4:30 that it was done, the Service Guy had a bit of a change of aditude, seems like there were updates for this truck afterall :eek: .
6 updates done:
15097100: new sofeware to improve generic scan tool operation
15097103: to address excessive shifting with cruise on and idle surge.
15097105: to correct setting of false dtc p0236
15097112: to address driveability and exissions. compliance issues.
15097112: improved power in rev.when in 4 wd low.
15063401: to address driveabilityu and emissions. compliance issues.

DID IT WORK ??? I am not telling you :eek:

Truck runs exteamely well now, I thought it ran exteamelly well before but now its really motoring. Obviously I haven't towed to check out the "BUSY" shifty business but the Allson is shifting a lot harder and faster, the motor just purrs ALL the time, no dead spots anywhere,it just gets up and goes, it sounds more like a gas pot more than ever now. Throttle is much more sensitive -- very little effort to solisite a response.
Big question is does it have more POWER, answer I don't know -- seat of the pants says Yes so maybe the 1/4 mile will confirm this on Fri. (if it's not raining)

The rear sping snubbers were replaced with much better units & "could not duplicate the "check oil level" light staying on -- was on for 2 days before I took it in -- go figure -- not on the day I took it in. He said just to bring it in when it was on -- no problem, but will check forum for the fix first.

All & All I would like to thank John Kennedy (JUST DO IT!) and the MANY others that have posted these updates -- I am a :D very happy camper :D

Mark my opionion of the Service Guy has changed 100% for the better :D
Hoot You are 100% right guess all those guys on the "OTHER" forums should borrow a D-Max and take it in for service -- just so the guys in the shop can get some experience and hands on ;)

Turbo Turbo AL