PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else hearing similar noises???

DMAX-Hunter
11-14-2002, 02:21
Hey guys (and gals)!!

When shifting out of 4-low, I have a loud clunk that stimulates from the transfer case. Is this normal? Is this the paw disengaging? Or is this something else that I should have checked out? I had it at the stealer the other day. I wanted them to check this out, but the damn service writer wrote my concern down wrong, stating that I had a loud clunk when the transmission shifted from fourth gear. Go figure!!!

Also, anyone having a driveline clunk when going from reverse to drive, or park to drive, or neutral to drive, or neutral to reverse? Is this the driveline clunk problem? TSB?

While at the dealer the other day, I had them check out the steering column rubbing noise when making the left turn. They said they couldn't duplicate it. What did you guys say to them to get it corrected per TSB??

Thanks again!!!!

IndigoDually
11-14-2002, 08:55
The clunk is the case shifting, I believe that's normal. My Explorer is really loud.
As for the other noise P-D and so on, I really notice it when I quickly shift from D-P or R-P when I am trying to line up a trailer, I have to make an effort to shift a little slower and the noise is not there, I guess it's just driveline windup.

John

hoot
11-14-2002, 09:09
I would be worried if I didn't hear the clunk.