PDA

View Full Version : Lucerix mirrors and info

zip
06-17-2002, 11:59
I've asked about mirrors before but CAIN"T FIND the right thread-- I need the info about switchin from MANUAL OEM to HEATED/POWER Lucerix mirrors.
Just bought the new ones from John Kennedy. Now I need to put them on. John says the wiring is in the passenger side shark fin. So do I need to run wires to the driver side and buy the control panel for the door arm rest? A lil help will go a long way. Thanks John and others too.
zip. :confused:

MaxDMax
06-18-2002, 05:09
I just made the same Lucerix piwer heated mirror update from the factory slide out tow mirrors on my 3500. I can tell you what I know about this.

#1 My truck came with the factory towing mirrors and has a rear window defogger
#2 All the wiring and connectors were in-place, I did not need to run a single wire.
#3 I went to my chevy dealer and ordered the power window switch (let me know if you need a part number) cost was around $20.00
#3 I also ordered the new cover plate for the switch. One hint, they asked me for my VIN number to match the color. The problem is they got the non-power mirror cover because the record did not show power mirrors even tough I told them I needed the power window cover. I had to have them re-order the correct part. This time they just used the color code and picked the power cover. Make this clear when you order it! cost was around $20.00
#4 To install the mirrors, just remove the little V shaped inside plastic cover on the inside of the trucks doors, it just pulls off and is directly behind the factory mirrors.
#5 Remove the foam to expose the bolts (NOTE the direction of the foam BEFORE you remove it)
#6 there are 3 nuts to remove, remove the bottom 2 first and hold the mirrors while you remove the last top bolt.
#7 locate the wiring harnes, it should be there, but may have fallen down in the door.
#8 mount the new mirrors installing the top bolt first, make sure everything is lined up nicely and tighten these bolts very tight, I did not like making mine so tight, but if you don't the mirrors will vibrate, I am sure these would break if you use over tighten too much, just be careful!
#9 Plug in the connectors to your mirrors, note the placement of the foam from above and replace it.
#10 Remove the switch cover by lifting it from the side. Make sure you pull out toward the passenger side as you lift it, this might keep it from leaving the metal clips in the door and keep them on the cover.
#11 mount the new mirror switch on the new cover plate, it just pops in.
#12 remove the 2 torx screws holding the power window switch plate, push in on the window lock out button to get it out of the way, remove it and re-attach it to the new cover. Replace the 2 screws and locate the harness for the mirrors.
#13 plug it up and re-install the new cover
#14 replace the covers on the inside of the door from step #4 and everyting should work.
mine worked the first time. The mirror defogger only work when the read window defogger is turned on.

good luck

zip
06-18-2002, 11:49
I don't have the RWD option. So the 5-pin wiring connector is at the passenger side mirror- but there's nothing at the driver's side. I took the front of the door panel loose and PEERED down in there---nada as far down as the speaker. So it looks like I have a little wiring job to do.
Did find one of my mirror studs broken on the passenger side tho. It was still in the foam- so I guess it vibrated off(?) after breaking. It was rusted.
Thanks for the rundown MAXDMAX.
zip--oh yeah-I will need the P/n for the switch.

e-mail-DnStClr@netscape.net