PDA

View Full Version : ZF updates ?

Brush Head
01-04-2005, 07:26
I haven't seen any feedback from the ZF owners that have the latest generation Flywheel installed from Chevy. Hopefully no news is good news.

Any info on how the new parts are holding up would be very nice.

Thanks,
Brush Head

Seattle Steve
01-06-2005, 19:02
I had my flywheel replaced in September due to vibration when idling although I didn't have the classic failure symptoms. The dealer said the new clutch and flywheel are very different from the original and I didn't get to see them so I can't comment. The new assembly has better "feel" than the original, but it shudders slightly sometimes when engaging (like the flywheel needs resurfacing). The vibration at idle hasn't changed, but I'm happy to get updated prior to the warranty expiring. I've driven less than 5k miles since then and the sudder is a little better, but not gone. Now I sometimes get a stiff shift (harder to push the shifter through the synchros) as though the clutch isn't completely disengaging so I'll be taking it back to have that checked out along with the vibration for round two. I don't know what exactly is different between the two, but based on driving them, I prefer the updated components overall. I have towed at or near capacity (+/- 24,000# GCVW) three times with the new parts and had no trouble.