PDA

View Full Version : Problem with stereo and clock.

CSDMAX
06-18-2002, 13:39
Has anyone experienced any problems with their stereo? Twice now I have started up the truck and the stereo is turned OFF and the clock has reset to a different time. I normally do not turn the stereo off. I figure is is either grounding out or a loose wire somewhere. Checked the battery terminals and they appear to be secure.

Rgds,

Don

Jim Dandy
06-18-2002, 16:00
Mine has done the same thing a couple of times in the eight weeks I have had it. Previous posters with the same problem have gotten their radio replaced under warranty.

Stove
06-18-2002, 19:25
I am sure that there is a TSB for this problem. Should be a easy thing to get replaced. Father's 02 clock resets at random times. I remember seeing a TSB somewhere on the web.

AlaskaDmax
06-19-2002, 03:33
Took mine in to the dealer and they could not reproduce the symptoms...told them to order me one under warranty...$42K truck...want it to be perfect you know...still waiting.

CSDMAX
06-19-2002, 07:35
Thanks for the feedback. Looks like I will be taking it in for warranty replacement if it happens again!

I am also going have the calibration updates done as well. There is a number of updates that I have found at http://vci.ecomm.gm.com/vci/. However, I am not sure if it will make much difference, but at least I will have the latest info. As stated in other threads, some dealers will not do the updates unless there is a problem. One dealer refused and the other dealer in my area said no problem, he said we will just have to make up one so that there is a reason for performing the updates.

Gee, I think I am having trouble shifting from 1st to 2nd. Know what I mean. ;)

odoh
06-19-2002, 12:32
CSDMAX ~ Is the stereo in question the model w/cassette player? ~ odoh

CSDMAX
06-19-2002, 15:47
odoh,

No, it is just the CD/Radio unit with a separate cassette player in the console.

RichC
06-21-2002, 19:38
My radio has done the same thing twice this week and once sometime back.

AlaskaDmax
06-21-2002, 23:21
When I took mine in for this problem the service rep said something about the onstar cables running under the front seats getting pinched and causing some problems such as this...but that was not the problem with mine...go figure. BUT, the onstar system and the stereo have to communicate at some point so the theory is not so far out there I guess.

IndigoDually
06-22-2002, 06:52
Mine did it a couple of times when it was new. Once it had the wrong time and another time it locked itself. Dealer said that they would send it out but did not have one to put in it's place. I told them that I would part with the brake pedal before I drove without a radio. It hasn't acted up in about 6 months.

John

F4miland
06-24-2002, 11:26
My clock has done this twice now. Usually after a CD has been played. The last time my time was 8 hrs off.

markf
06-26-2002, 16:46
I had this happen for the first time the other day. In my opinion I think it is On-Star getting upset that we have not bought more minutes so they are turning off our radios.

2002 3500 GMC CC D/A