PDA

View Full Version : Redundant steering wheel controls on 03's and 04's

Bill Harper
08-22-2003, 21:28
When I bought my 2003 D/A 2500HD, the only thing that it did not have that I wanted was the Redundant steering wheel controls and I am wondering if the wires are pre run for this feature for the cluster information center is capable of displaying all the same information for trucks equipped with controls and trucks not equipped with the controls, so my question is the wiring pre run, and if so can swapping on a new steering wheel with the controls give me the features. I have access to a tech II if it needs to be programed, not a problem. Just thought maybe someone out there knows. thanks!! smile.gif

mdrag
08-22-2003, 23:29
I added steering wheel audio controls to my 2001 thanks to Jason @ jpcustoms.com

SWAC was not even an option on the 2001/2002 2500HD/3500 trucks. Jason figured out how to make the controls from the Escalade work in the pickup trucks - and it was a challenging task.

Try contacting JASON (http://www.jpcustoms.com), he may be able to help. Good luck.

ratlover
08-25-2003, 11:14
I've got an 03 and would love to know whats involved. Please post if you figure it out