PDA

View Full Version : Disable Door Chime????

esmo77
11-16-2002, 18:07
Does anyone know how to disable the door chime. It is driving me crazy!!

mackin
11-16-2002, 19:06
Temporally you can rock the catch in the door portion into the latched position.....Just don't forget to pull up on handle prior to closing the door.....

MAC

NutNbutGMC
11-16-2002, 19:39
^.....After a full 9 seconds in the search engine, I found this; http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=002336&p=

It even has pictures. :D

srubrn
11-16-2002, 19:39
I've read somewhere on this site you can drill a small hole in the chime speaker under the dash.

FisHn2DMax
11-17-2002, 03:30
Gee,
Is it really a good idea to be drilling into any electronic device? If you own an O3, Take special warning before attempting to disable "key in" chimer when door is open.

01,02's
The door chimer tone is already annoying enough! A hole in drilled in the small chimer speaker would just badly distort the already annoying sound or destroy the speaker coil. This can't be good on the driver electronics module! If it's driving you nuts, disconnect the door sense wire as indicated on some of the other posts on this thread.

If you own an 03, forget tampering with the door wiring or the chime speaker! It's all tied to main CPU and appears to be using the door mounted stereo speakers. Tampering with a 03 door control wiring could lead to a total system failure? In 03, the door functions/wiring is all matrixed for less wiring going into and from the doors. It's all scanned and monitored by common control buss/wiring to an On-board computer and is totally different than the 01 & 02's!

:D

[ 11-17-2002: Message edited by: FisHn2DMax ]</p>

esmo77
11-17-2002, 14:30
THANKS FOR INFO; TOO BAD ITS NOT A SEPERATE UNIT LIKE THEY ONCE WERE

conradv
11-17-2002, 23:26
For the 2003's, I guess that if you remove the stock radio and install an aftermarket the door chime will "go away". I'm out of town right now, but I believe that it was in the owner's manual. (sorry if i'm not correct on this)

Drive a mile, walk the rest
11-19-2002, 08:30
The speaker for the door chime is mounted on a circuit board inside a computer module. The module is located under the steering column. This module runs all the stupid annoying stuff like door chimes, idiot message center, security system, etc. Unplug the module and take out the screws to open it up. Remove the speaker and put it all back together. The computer module needs to be plugged in or the security system will cause the engine will not run.

IndigoDually
11-19-2002, 09:21
Drive a Mile, Walk the Rest, I just have to be the first one to ask :rolleyes: . How did You come up with your Forum Name? Did You previously own a F@rd or a D@dge? :D

Just had to be the first to ask. Anyway WELCOME to the Forum!

John

Drive a mile, walk the rest
11-19-2002, 11:46
The name came from the first duramax pickup that I owned. It didn't make it home from the dealer. The big problem was the transmission locked into 3rd and no reverse. The cruise was intermittent, the rain would leak in under the dash, etc. I dumped that truck off at the dealer. I was dumb enough to go get another one with a different list of problems.

hoot
11-19-2002, 12:11
So dummy,

What's the new list comprised of ;)

mark g
11-19-2002, 15:48
i actually dug into my computer box right after i bought my 02 d/a and assasinated the door chime off the computer board with no adverse effects, its posted here early 02. i leave my door open with radio on alot.

IndigoDually
11-20-2002, 07:53
I'll tell You this much, EVERYTHING IS JUNK ! It just is a matter of taste and preference whose junk You want to buy. For example: I have a friend with a 3 yr old D@dge with toolboxes specifically for that truck that are smaller in size than the ones he had on his 17 yr old truck that have torn the bedside. The tear is over 8" long and travelling down and dealer won't do anything about it.
Whatever You buy will have it's little problems and there are sureto be some real lemons out there but all in all we have a pretty good product here with a few quirks.

Good Luck with Your replacement,

John