PDA

View Full Version : egr valve

mike29
01-08-2005, 14:57
my check engine light is on. GM states they have no fix for this problem. The egr valve is not opening properly due to a computer software malfunction. Creates loss of power and eratic shifting of the tranny. Any body out there having this problem? Or heard of this?

Kennedy
01-10-2005, 09:37
Looks like GM is collecting data on this issue at this point. I'd venture to guess that an update will be coming...

OC_DMAX
01-10-2005, 16:06
What year of truck and engine do you have? You need to be more specific. What codes were present that made the SES light come on? Do you have any modifications on the truck?

Some additional info:

2002 - 2004 LB7 DMAX Trucks sold in California have EGR's. I have not heard of anybody that has a problem with one of them. I own one and it works just fine.

Fast forward, 2004.5 - 2005 LLY DMAX engine trucks also have an EGR system, however, some of the hardware components are different (than on the LB7 engine). There were some early complaints with the 2004.5 LLY but seemed to be centered my on a faulty position sensor on the turbo charger. There is a least one ECM re-flash available for the LLY engine. You will need to ask on of the TECHs on this forum for more info.