PDA

View Full Version : oh boy..30K service??

MudNurI
11-17-2002, 00:57
When John picked up the truck last week from the NSBU nightmare, he did not get a slip, which is normal procedure for this dealer- they mail it to you. Well, the next day, his mom got the bill, (family business, mom is A/C & A/R)..asks him how come this oil change was $234 instead of $140 like normal. He goes down to the dealer to drop off her Cadi for service, and asks our PSB...

In order to get the NSBU covered under warranty, they had to perform the 30K service (funny we are over 40K..)..so John says, well what does that entail? HMM the guys not sure..John says-did you change the in cab air cleaners?

REPLY- NO those are only an option in VANS you can't get those in pick-ups. john says, well, wheres my slip- guy says I mailed it this morning...so the slip arrives, and this is what it says

Performed 30K mile service...total $234.00

NADA for any sort of parts/labor break down. BUT it gets better.

We have always used Mobil Delvac (full synthetic) in the truck...this time, when John looked in the bed of the truck, the bottle was Mobile 3000 (??) didn't say a thing bout being synthetic...asked the dealer- said they changed the bottle, same oil...strange...

If your wondering why we have a bottle in the bed of the truck- you all should if you get your oil changed at a dealer- they charge you buy the gallon, which is 4 qts. since it takes 10 qts, you pay for 2qts you don't use...they should be giving them to you. After 5 oil changes, you have enough oil for the 6th...

anyway- any of you pay for a 30K service in order to get warranty work done? John's mom hasn't paid the bill yet, still waiting to hear exactly what they did.

Brandy

DmaxMaverick
11-17-2002, 02:14
I'd call BS on this one (like you're not used to THAT). Sounds like your PSB is trying to make up for some other shortcoming.

Nothing I've seen states that "other" service is required before warranty claims can be handled. With 40K on your truck, you'd think your PSB is smart enough to at least assume that the 30K had been done, or ask you. At the very least, you should have been advised before they started. If you check their shop policy, I think you will find something in print about that.

I would suggest you find another PSB, but I think you've already met all of them within reasonable distance.

Good luck with this one. *sigh*

mackin
11-17-2002, 07:45
You have the DEALER from HELL !!!!!!!!

My assumption would be they will write it up that way 30k to cover there azz on getting NSBU paid for by GM.....As if they discovered the issue while you were in for the service.....It's a croak any way you look at it.....

If you look in your manual they have the 5k and 10k routine maintenance spelled out .... Pretty basic fluid checks, rotate tires, inspect,tighten,twiddle thumbs.....At every 10k replace cabin filter ......They should have told you up front before doing it ......

Bottom line is they should have been doing this all along when you brought it in for service ......So it should have not come as a surprise...A service is a service an oil change is just that......Are they playing word games????

I'd drive a hundred miles out of my way not to patronize that dealer .....I would voice my opinion to each and every manger right to the owner.....If it were me......Get a free oil change ,Mobil didn't change there bottles as far as I know......

MAC

How are you making out with the scratches????

[ 11-17-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

FirstDiesel
11-17-2002, 08:04
What a bunch of crooks. I think I'd be asking to speak to the owner of the dealership. In the past when the dealer tried to take advantage of my parents asking for the owner got the attention of the mamager and the bill got fixed.

As far as not getting paperwork when I had my truck fixed??? I think the local BBB or better yet the local Attorney General about their business practices.

mcfly
11-17-2002, 11:50
Sounds like bull sh!t to me! The dam NSBU is only $50. F'em. I would not pay it

-Rick

MudNurI
11-17-2002, 18:48
The scratches they are saying happened while it was at their shop are the ones on the hood. NOT the rest of them...like we'd drive around with key marks all over our truck..

We got the written estimate from their body shop- $640 total, they estimated based on "blending" paint basically trying to match the repaired paint to the original.

We got our written estimate from our body guy. He is the one that recently put the front end back together on brother in laws 8.1/A from hitting a bridge abutment. Anyway- his estimate is $345.00 TOTAL...again, blending paint. Though I really think this guy could do it without noticing it!...

John had his dad call the dealership since our truck is registered to the company, about us using our insurance company as they had told us...John's dad basically told them to pound sand, in a "business like way"...said we will NOT get it repainted at your dealership..no way no how..etc.. BUT they will pay...What he is trying to get now, is the $640.00 out of the dealership, then we will go to our guy...figure its the least we could do tongue.gif

They did tell John that if he brought in a slip from the towing of the truck they would reimburse him...we towed it with his brothers cummins, so we don't have a slip... John asked a local tow company what it would cost..about $75.00 which is about the same as the extra charge on our oil change. So basically we would still be paying our tow..since they didn't do the 30K service. The only scheduled service they EVERY did on our truck other than the LOF is teh 1K service, when they did the rear end.

THEY S*CK! Miller Auto, West Lebanon, NH.. they sell, Chevy, Cadillac, Pontiac, VW, Jeep, Nissan, Dodge, Volvo...3 different dealerships all in 1 block...if you get in trouble on I-89 with your truck...DONT go to them!!!

Brandy

mackin
11-17-2002, 19:36
Brandy

Thanks for the heads up.....I'd rather pay towing back to CT then go there....... :mad:

The only experience with VT dealers I have are in Brattelboro....Right of exit one....They sell Caddy's GMC and I think Chevys.....There probably to far from you.....
Always was a friendly experience.....I use to bring my Vette and 1998 Dually there for inspections, when I was beating up the local car tax Peoples Republic of Connecticut.....Ya I got caught long story but cost me nothing, except 7 years of tax free driving !!!!! ;)

Good luck getting your issues resolved.....Take them for what you can.....

MAC

MudNurI
11-17-2002, 22:48
AHHH yes, R.S. Roberts- know them well. They just were moved up to exit 3- Auto Mall, BIG GM franchise now, they have them all even Hummer! The two dealers were purchsaed by another dealer in Keene, NH. Fairfields, which we have used in the past. Mother in law had some pretty bad luck with them when her firebird got stolen at Holyoke.....well, bad luck with the fixing they did....since they bought the other two, we just were scared to go....it's actually only 3 exits south of us. about 20 minutes.

I sure do hope this is the last trip to the dealer for us....now that the truck is close to 50K, John's talking about trading her in...I'm trying to talk him into a denali p/u..with the quadrasteer...

I'll post when we have the final verdict on the paint!

Brandy

JimWilson
11-18-2002, 10:34
I just can't believe what I'm reading! This dealer has got to be the biggest BS artist I've ever encountered, and I thought that I'd encountered them all. It's just beyond comprehension... :mad: :mad:

John's right; dump that albatross and get something else, and in your case I'd say that something should be non-GM (that way, you don't have to deal with those losers any longer).

Good luck Brandy -- you deserve it!!