PDA

View Full Version : Questions for the experts

JimErickson
11-17-2002, 01:20
I have a couple questions.

I have a 2001 3500 XC.

I noticed a couple of days ago that the tweeters in the doors have both borken free from their mounts, both sides. I'm not rough with the truck and I don't think the doors have been closed hard enough to do this. I pulled the metal grills off and it looks like the plastic clips holding them on both are broken off. Any ideas on how to reattached these speakers?

On the front doors there are pocket/cubby/holders down towards the bottom. They get filled up with gunk and are impossible to clean out (too small to gets hands down there). I tried to figure out how to remove them from the door so I could clean but after 1/2 hours and various cuts and bruises they just won't come out. Anyone know how to get these things out?

Same problem with cup holders in rear doors. I removed the 2 screws that are in the cup holder and the door handle pull but the thing still won't come out. Any ideas?

Thanx in advance
Jim

DmaxMaverick
11-17-2002, 02:01
JimErickson

I have the same problem with my tweeters. What is the best way to get the screen off? I have looked at them and did some slight tugging, but don't want to break anything. I don't have to take off the whole door panel, do I?

I'm thinking I might just replace all the speakers while I'm there. The OEM's seem kinda week.

TIA

JimErickson
11-17-2002, 10:13
Well I think the best way to get the grills off is to take door panels off. I didn't do this though smile.gif

If you pull hard enough on grill they will pop off. There are metal bend tabs that hold these into door panels. Luckily when I put mine back on the tabs aligned with slots ok and it went on. Only problem is there is no way to rebend them to attach them securely to door panels again.

Jim

mcfly
11-17-2002, 11:42
If you have less than 36000 miles on the truck, have the dealer replace them under warranty. I did, when I blew my mids last week.

-Rick