PDA

View Full Version : 03 D/A Overdrive Issue

Rock
01-10-2005, 18:09
Was in the high country this weekend and noticed after driving 150+ miles over 2 mountain passes, the 3rd pass going down the mountain I noticed a low frequency type noise...I guess you could call it vibration. It was noticable in the cab. I had 4 hi engaged. I had tow/haul engaged to help reduce the amount of braking to keep a safe speed.

After getting down the pass to clear roads, back in 2 hi and tow/haul disengaged, I noticed the noise again around 60-65 mph. It only occured while accelerating. It also only occured at these speeds.

Back in town today and noticed it again while going up hills accelarating. I turned the overdrive off and the noise went away.

Where can I possibly begin trouble shooting? I checked trans. fluid levels 2x and it's in the hash marks...

Thanks in advance.

More Power
01-11-2005, 12:14
Can you rotate the front driveshaft by hand when the truck is supposed to be in 2WD? You can check this with the engine off, trans in park.

MP

Rock
01-18-2005, 20:34
Yes, I can turn the front drive shaft when in park and truck turned off.

What are you suggesting?

Rock
01-18-2005, 20:38
The noise/vibration is still continuing around 60 to 65 mph...usually only when cruise is on or when keeping a steady foot on the pedal the noise/vibration is most evident. If accelerating it goes away.

With tow/haul...it is evident as well at the same speeds.