PDA

View Full Version : comparison between Michelin mtx a/s m/s

martiuk
11-18-2002, 15:27
Hello,
I am in the market for the michelin tires size 265/75/16.(fixed)

I cannot decside on with michelin to get, either the a/s or m/s.

My blowstone's are horrible in the rain. Downright scarry in the rain.

Things I need in a tire,
Good rain tire
Good snow tire
Good cornering tire
Quite tire

I don't take this truck offroad much.

Thanks,
Mark

[ 11-18-2002: Message edited by: martiuk ]</p>

chuntag95
11-18-2002, 15:40
I think you want 265 ;) but all kidding aside, you describe the M/S. If you go out to tirerack.com, you can read the opintions of hundreds of people in a summary table by tire type. They have a numberical rating that you can look at vs all the other tire brands and types. It is very informative as far as what others think. They also tell how many miles the reviewers have on the tire. I discount anything with less than a million miles. I put the M/S on the Wife's truck and will put them on mine as soon as I can't stand these any longer. They made it a different truck in the rain and cornering plus the noise improved dramatically. The A/T s are good tire, but they are noisier. Any lose of performance might come in snow traction, but I don't think it would be much at all as M/S is mud/snow. Just my 0.02

mark45678
11-18-2002, 17:44
I would highly suggest michelin ltx-at 245/75/16 load range E to every one! I have got over 103+K on 1 set with still 4/32 left at the wear bar!

hdmax(mike)
11-18-2002, 19:14
I had a set once (Don`t remember size) and at 126,000 miles + I had one go flat. So I figured it was time for new tires.

Steve Joneli
11-18-2002, 19:57
Mark, may I suggest the TOYO Open Country. I have a dually that never leaves the road. The dealer that sold me the TOYOs also sells Michelin and he told me the Open Countries worked well in rain and snow. Haven't tried them in snow yet but they do work real well in rain and are super smooth and quite on the freeway. I realy love them.

martiuk
11-18-2002, 20:16
Thanks for all the replies.
Mark

TxDoc
11-18-2002, 20:16
If you go to the Michelin site, you can read about the tires also. I came from a Buckshot Mudder to the A/T as it has a more agressive tread than the M/S. I cannot hear any noise. It is not a full-blown mud tire, but does have small lugs on the shoulder, where the M/S does not.

If you are going to stay on pavement, get the M/S, but if you plan to go off road at all, get the A/T.