PDA

View Full Version : Changed NSBU.. No Luck?

Zapper
01-18-2005, 12:15
Had all the usual symptoms, indicator lighting irratic, automatic door unlock and lock not working, and only having reverse and 3rd. I bought a new NSBU and printed directions for removal and installation from members area. I just finished changing it today and the indicator lighting works correctly and the door lock feature works, but it still bangs into reverse and drive and I still have only 3rd gear. The electrical plugs were a real pain to get off and they had a hard substance all over the ends and contacts, as if it were some kind of sealant which had hardened. I cleaned them as best I could before reinstalling. Now I am at a loss. It looks like the electrical connector ends are replaceable, if so could this solve the problem? I really don't want to have to take it to the dealership, any thoughts?

More Power
01-18-2005, 12:36
I haven't heard of this happening before, but any related trouble codes may need to be reset, or you may need a few ignition cycles to get past the trouble code.

If you don't have access to a programmer, to reset the codes, try a few ignition cycles (start, run for 10 seconds, turn off for ten seconds, then repeat) before visiting the dealership.

MP

Jake99Z71
01-18-2005, 14:08
dmaxallitech had posted about clearing the codes set to prevent the harsh engagement.

Zapper
01-18-2005, 14:26
THANKS!!!! So much for the quick response, More Power. That did it. Cycled it about 4 times until the SES went out and she's as good as new. :D

madmatt
01-18-2005, 20:44
the hard glue like stuff is/was a sealant applied @ the factory. just a touch of heat will usually loosen them up.

Turbo Al
01-21-2005, 07:09
ZAPPER, I know just how you felt :eek: ! O that what have I done feeling :confused: Mine did the exact same thing after I installed the new NSBU switch, although I didn't cycle it to correct it I disconnected the batteries for a min.

Inspector
01-21-2005, 14:34
Zapper:
I would recomend that if you cleaned out all the seatant that you take the connectors apart and squeeze in some dielectric grease to keep the water and other contaminates out. It will also serve to keep the contact surfaces of the pins clean and corrosion free.
Denny