PDA

View Full Version : AUX input on radio?

mdadgar
02-28-2002, 22:56
So I picked up my '02 Sierra 2500HD LT CC SWB 4x4 D/A Indigo Blue on Tuesday morning. Ordered 12/7, TPW of 2/11, received at dealership on 2/22, took delivery on 2/26.

Awesome truck.

Anyway, I opted not to get the tape deck. So the radio presumably has an unused AUX input on the back. I'm dying to hook my iPod up to it for those long tows to the racetrack.

Anyone know anything about the AUX inputs on the back? Are they RCA jacks? Weirdo Delco connectors? Etc?

Thanks!

- Mark

SoCalDMAX
03-01-2002, 02:20
Hi Mark,

Congrats on the new truck, and welcome to the forum!

I have good news and bad news for you. Good news is, you bought a GREAT truck. The bad news is you bought an Ipod. Just kidding. ;)

There's no RCA jacks. Just a weirdo Delco connector. Mdrag might see your post and be able to point you in the direction of an adapter of some sort. Try jpcustoms.com, no guarantees, but he does have some products along those lines, like steering wheel audio controls (SWAC) and a 6 disc changer which plugs into the hea unit. Maybe he's got an adapter or technical advice.

Good luck!

Regards, Steve

battmain
03-01-2002, 06:29
Here is a link to a message that had the pin outs to the harness...If you can figure it out, then please enlighten us. smile.gif I haven't yet bought the service manual. (Have to buy tires and parts for the racecar.)

http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=002423&p=

Brian

3-Fan
03-01-2002, 13:11
If you guys are looking for any Delco/GM connectors, try here:

http://www.powerandsignal.com/system/OrdersHome.asp

I was looking for the connector for the PTO switch and they had one. GM wanted $48 for just the connector. I got mine from here for $0. Just send them a picture of the connector you are looking for and they will more than likely have it. They are a distributor of Packard Electric Connectors which supplies Delco and GM.

RealBigTruck
05-01-2002, 17:13
Has anyone had any more luck figuring out the pinouts on the back of the radio for the auxilliary input? I'm also looking to hook up my MP3 player.

Thanks!

slapshot44
05-01-2002, 21:19
My Kenwood eXcelon has aux inputs... ;)

[ 05-01-2002: Message edited by: slapshot44 ]</p>

Smorey
05-02-2002, 04:34
Was there a solution to the CD/cassette adapter being spit out?

I really would like to use it, but the gal at Radio Shack said it was probably because the cassette had auto reverse?

I believe I have read others have used the adapter successfully..

Mark

chane
05-02-2002, 11:52
I had an old one that did that.

Went and bought a new one (either Sony or Magnavox) from wal-mart and it works great! See my website. I use it to hook up to my laptop to watch DVD's or listen to MP3's.

Smorey
05-02-2002, 14:55
Thanks Chane