PDA

View Full Version : transynd swap? need expertice!

Buck
06-23-2002, 20:56
I am going to be switching to Transynd and the deep pan, all my parts will be here mid week. How many gallons of transynd do I need to buy to completely flush out all of the dex. III? Do you have to run it through the gears while you're pouring the Transynd in to flush everthing out?

About the cooler lines, I know I have to take off the top line (from cooler) do I just have to take the 1.25" fitting off(noticed a plastic part covering a snap ring in front of the 1.25" fitting)? Will this fitting slide down the tube so I can put a piece of hose on it to a bucket?

77TransAm
06-23-2002, 22:19
A few tips for your pan swap...
When you're removing the old suction filter: if the seal stays in the bore, don't use a screwdriver to pry it out. Just wipe off the neck of the filter, wipe out the seal, and reinstall the filter. Cock it sideways a bit and pull down again - the seal should come out with it.
Pan bolt torque - 18-21 ft-lbs.
Drain plug torque - 25 ft-lbs.

On the cooler lines, don't remove the fitting from the trans - just slide the plastic cover back, carefully remove the snap ring (it loves to go flying away into a black hole if you don't hold it), and pull the tube out of the fitting. I think most people have taken a length of heater hose and stuck it over the end of the tube in order to drain the oil into a drain pan.
Once you're done flushing reinstall the snap ring, then push the tube back in until you feel it click. Slide the plastic cover back over the snap ring and you're done with that part.

mrwolf
06-24-2002, 10:59
Your refill quantity will be 10.5 quarts or roughly 2.5 gallons. This is with the deep pan, and does not include the cooler lines. The torque converter holds roughly 4.5 quarts in addition to the 10.5 quarts. Obviously this means you will have a mixture of TranSynd and Dexron. The two fluids are compatible.

mdrag
06-24-2002, 13:07
Buck,

I did the deep pan/suction filter and Transynd a few months ago. Disconnected the from cooler lines as described. I had a section of hose sitting around that fit nicely, so I didn't pay attention to the size needed.

I bought a 5 gal pail of Transynd ($125) and poured two quarts in clean containers just in case I needed to add any in the future. The remaining 4.5 gal went through the tranny - start the engine, run a few quarts out,shut off the engine, add more Transynd and repeat until it was all in. Lucked out that my final check was right on the correct fill level (checked HOT as per the manuals).

Kennedy posted that using a remote start made it easier, and that's a great idea if you have remote start...

mackin
06-24-2002, 19:00
Get speedy DRY ...........

Somebody here has the play by play ....... I printed it ...... Perhaps MAXNOUT will chime in and e-mail it to you ...... He did it for me ........Or e-mail me and I'll petition him for you .......

MAC

Here's what not to do .
=>http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=003004&p= smile.gif

mackin
06-26-2002, 18:27
Buck ,

Still looking for more info for ya , but check out ...In the mean time .....
=>http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=002105&p=

MAC smile.gif