PDA

View Full Version : Front diff leaking

Swayse
11-20-2002, 11:38
Yep, seen some fluid and traced it to the black round thing with a rubber hose hanging out of it, vent? Anyway, you can see the rubber o-ring hanging out the side. Guess my truck is going in, man I hate this. Just found out my wifes truck (2002 Dodge 1500) has warped rotors and it's going in tomorrow. Guess we'll take them both in and see what happens. Or maybe I can just fix this myself, I'll go take another look at it.

Swayse
11-20-2002, 12:56
Think it's fixxed enough to drive. I took off the black plastic cover, cleaned it and put it back on. Plastic? Come on. It was cross threaded and the o-ring was squeezed out. I tightened it the best I could. We'll see.

MEP
11-20-2002, 19:30
Swayse,
My 01 D-max developed a warped rotor problem probably within my first year of ownership. I brought it back and the dealer cut the rotors and its been fine since. The mechanic said that the rotors were "delaminated" on the inside surface. He said going thru a deep puddle after hard braking will cause this.

Swayse
11-21-2002, 07:15
Took the plastic cover off again and put a small bead of silicone around the plastic cover and put it together. I think it'll be fine.

I was kinda hard on her truck. The thing will stop on a dime and handle like a sports car with those 20" wheels on it, and it's a 4x4. I already wanted her to trade for a nice 2003 Cummins, she threw it around a bit, but said no. I don't feel to good about just turning the rotors, I wish they would put new ones on, but that's not going to happen.

I was kinda teasing her about her Baby Goat(her truck) yesterday, that it needed to go in again(defective sunvisor). Went outside and seen oil under my truck, I'm keeping my mouth shut from now on. :D