PDA

View Full Version : 2003 has no under the hood light!

polaris800
11-20-2002, 07:45
I can't think who in there right mind chose to take off the light that has been in place under the hood for years. I went out one night to check the oil and it was completly dark out. After investigating I found out that GM decided NOT to put in a under the hood light. THAT IS SO CHEAP THEM SOB's For $44,000 I would tell them to stick this truck up there a.. I can't believe that ANYONE would consider doing this. I was able to buy a replacment light to install however there is no wiring available so now you have to find a ground and run the power to the battery. WHAT IS GM thinking.... This makes me sick!

Paintdude
11-20-2002, 07:50
Get one off of a Avalanche.. :D

NFLDMAX
11-20-2002, 12:46
Its better to not have one, than have one like me that doesn't work ;)

Jelisfc
11-20-2002, 13:41
Hey how about that cheap a$$ front license plate holder while we're at it!!!! Put my plates on last night. The first big snow drift I bust will probably be the end of it.

XTOCAK
11-20-2002, 14:06
NFLDMAX, my wife had her underhood lite that did not work from day one...she took it in a few weeks after taking delivery and the service persone replaced it. He said that they had a batch of them that were defective from the supplier and they could tell by disconnecting it from the hood and then moving it around to see if it would come on. They did it and it came right on indicating a faulty unit. You might have it checked out and replace.

As for you 2003 fellas, hey, at least you've got that really cool DIC and those fancy buttons on your steering wheel....with all that Star Wars stuff you'd think a person wouldn't have time to look under the hood. ;)

Jomar
11-20-2002, 19:59
Bought a new Caddy back in 1994 and it didn`t have a underhood light neither. Only the Sedan deville didn`t have it. No one, and I mean no one right on up to the main office could or would tell me why!! Like the bumper sticker says, " SH*# Happens !

Jomar

ChopperBill
11-20-2002, 23:11
Parked on an incline with my "94" GMC for a couple of days and the light under the hood came on running the battery down. Mayby the are doing us a favor by leaving it off. Read my post about the oil dip stick. Let your dealer check it. smile.gif

NFLDMAX
11-21-2002, 06:24
Thank you XTOCAK,

I smacked it a couple of times and it would flicker. I will go by the stealer and get it replaced.

GreyPower3500
11-21-2002, 10:03
polaris800:

Wow. Boy, it's one thing not to have the light installed, but NO HARNESS??? What kind of cheap go**amn outfit is this?

The first day my truck I popped the hood looking for that handy little spotlight with the retractable cord like my old '92 Silverado has. I was some awfull disappointed not to have it. My guess would be GM got tired of paying out lawsuits to finger and hand amputees who got the cord caught up in the engine fan. Too bad, can't count the number of times that little light saved my a$$.

Best of luck.

Lawnboy
11-21-2002, 13:42
Greypower3500,

That retract-a-cord-light IS/WAS a handy-dandy feature! Plus between that and the "under hood" light you had that engine area pretty bright at night!

Not having them, and from what I hear them ommiting the under dash courtesy lights is just those bean counters getting paid to do what they do!

Its a real shame though!