PDA

View Full Version : Binding Rearend

SHOPMAN426
01-28-2005, 19:29
After washing my truck today I drove out and onto the street. I keep her in my shop out back behind the house. It's a straight shot all the way out to the street. But as I turned right onto the street I felt a binding feeling comming from the rear. As if the brakes where dragging. Not thinking much of it, I pulled up to the stop sign at the end of my street and turned left. Now I could really feel the binding. As I drove through my neighborhood I would feel the rear binding as I turn. I have just over 16,000 miles and I change the grape juice at 10,000. I check the fluid level and it is right on. I don't feel it would be a good idea to drive it to the dealer this way. May have to have a wrecker come and get it.

Shopman426.
Mike

:eek: :eek: :eek:

a5150nut
01-28-2005, 20:33
Did it get into 4wheel drive by accident?

YZF1R
01-29-2005, 05:33
Did you by chance spin the back wheels before parking it last time? Once the rear locks, mine can stay locked until I get over 25mph or what ever speed the governor unlocks it. Someone else may be able to explain it better than I.

Steve

SHOPMAN426
01-29-2005, 07:20
You guys maybe on to something there. I haven't driven the truck for at least two weeks. And there was ice on the roads as I was going to Home Depot to get pellets for the shop stove. I had to put her into four wheel drive because the tires were spinnig as I was backing into the shop. I don't think I got over 15 mph diving around my neighborhood last night. I guess I need to go for a little drive.

Shopman426.
Mike. ;)

SHOPMAN426
01-29-2005, 08:05
So do I admit that the truck was still in four wheel drive? What a Doo Mauss! I started the truck and looked at the dash and there it was, I guess next time I use four wheel drive to back into the shop I should switch back to two wheel drive. This is a sign of not driving the truck enough. Thanks guys, next time I will wake up!

Shopman426.
Mike.

YZF1R
01-29-2005, 09:53
No problem. However, if in 4wd or 2wd, you can still run into the same situation with the rear locker. It's happened to me several times in 2wd. She always lets go after 20-25 mph.

Steve smile.gif