PDA

View Full Version : Someone stole my antenna!

DMAXDiva
11-20-2002, 17:21
So I have to move down to Houston (not by choice :( ), and I've only lived here a month. I go out to the truck this morning and my d@mn antenna is missing! :mad:

Am I forced to buy another from a dealer, or are there better and/or cheaper aftermarket alternatives? Any advice?

At least they didn't steal the satellite antenna off the back of the cab...I've still got Sirius (and a TRUCK!...whew... :rolleyes: )

[ 11-20-2002: Message edited by: DMAXDiva ]</p>

Mic
11-20-2002, 18:27
Onstar or Radio antenna?

I've heard those Onstar antenna fit any GM Onstar... I've been worried about mine as well..
Thinking off hooking up an electronic shock dog-collar to mine in case any one is feeling lucky :eek:

xamarud
11-20-2002, 18:36
after i had my truck a couple of months, while washing it i hit the antenna and noticed it seemed loose. it was very loose, so yours may have just fell off. also found another truck the same way. No Diva should be without tunes!!!

Reno DMAX
11-20-2002, 18:37
DMAXDiva,

Sorry to hear about your stolen antenna. stylinconcepts.com has some nice ones in billet aluminum, chrome or black. They have horsies and k'boy hats too for you Texas ranchers.

F.Y.I. I'm just a hop skip and a jump from the Ponderosa Ranch in Tahoe. You haven't lived until you've taken a hay ride for a Hoss burger. smile.gif

[ 11-20-2002: Message edited by: Reno DMAX ]</p>

MaxACL
11-20-2002, 18:40
I put one of them "Clubs" around the back-side of the clutch and through the steering spoke. Figure that'll keep me from commiting murder and going to jail. (I take my truck seriously!) Perhaps a "Club" for raido antenna is next... at least, I'll keep my clutch pedal. ;)

mackin
11-20-2002, 19:43
Is it black??? Looks like there is a wire running up it???? Whip style??? Ball tip on one end screw on hex on the other???

Nope ain't seen it !!!!! ;)

Ex's will do the darndest things !!!!!! ;)

MAC :D

DMAXDiva
11-20-2002, 21:22
Thanks for the responses, guys. Actually, the more I look at it, the more I like the truck aesthetically without that antenna anyway...it's just too bad I can't pull FM signals through the Terk! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I reckon I'll order a billet antenna from stylinconcepts, thanks to Reno...maybe I'll go with that cute little bowtie... :D

TxDoc
11-20-2002, 21:38
LocTite RED formula.

Sorry about the lack of repsect for your property by the common criminals. In Texas you are allowed to shoot people stealing your property after dark.

DMAXDiva
11-21-2002, 06:41
Ain't Texas great?

I have a concealed carry permit, but now I've got to figure out a way to rig up a closed-circuit system with motion sensor and remote alarm to roust me out of bed so that I can GREET my new friends PROPERLY! ;)

Vivayo
11-21-2002, 09:03
Diva:
Sorry to hear of your loss. Do you recall seeing the antenna when you parked for the night? The reason I ask is that my truck came with a small plastic antenna wrench. This is the first time I've had a manufacturer supply one, and recall thinking at the time I found it that they must have done it for a reason. I still wonder if they know that there's the potential for the antenna to work itself loose - thus the wrench.

battmain
11-21-2002, 12:06
"I've got to figure out a way to rig up a closed-circuit system with motion sensor and remote alarm to roust me out of bed so that I can GREET my new friends PROPERLY!"

Check out Target for inexpensive black and white cameras. $49.95 on sale, or $69.95 if you want color. The Black and White also has night vision. Both plug into the video in and audio in of your TV or VCR. Mine worked well for the dumb *ss kids that took out my mailbox. Too bad I didn't have the recorder on but I did see them on the carmera. Next time, I'll deal with the little sh*ts myself since the cops didn't do squat about it. (even with a valid plate number and the car's paint on the mailbox.)

Dave_WB3FYV
11-25-2002, 11:44
I think the broadcast antenna is the same for the last 10 or so model years, so maybe a junkyard will have a cheap replacement. My buddys '97 is identical and my '93 will work though it's straight steel and doesn't have the wire wrapped around it.
I'll second the vote for Locktite Red, even a dab of RTV will slow them down.

The only place in the world I ever had anything stolen from me was in Houston. In 2 years I lost 2 drivers side windows, one radio, 1 toolbox, and a parrot. Fort Worth cops now tell me the rules have changed with the concealed handgun laws. You can shoot the little darlings running down the street if they are carrying some of your stuff, they don't have to fall inside your house anymore ;) Something about extending your rights as a property owner... ;)
God Bless Texas!

What part of Houston? You may have to get outside the 610 loop to find a salvage yard.

MaxACL
11-25-2002, 12:06
I'd heard that if you kill someone in Texas and there are at least two eye witnesses, you go to the head of the line.

DMAXDiva
11-25-2002, 16:32
Geez, Dave, you're scarin' me!

Some lowlife even stole your PARROT? The NERVE...I'm really afraid that one of these mornings I'm gonna walk out to the parking lot to an EMPTY spot, and my toy will already be in Mexico by the time I report it! :(

I never worried about her when I lived out on the ranch, but now that I live in Kingwood (which has been incorporated into Houston), there's no tellin' what will happen next. Needless to say, my comprehensive insurance premium shot through the roof when I moved... :rolleyes:

Reckon Alaska's any safer? :confused:

Steve Joneli
11-26-2002, 00:02
I was having trouble getting good AM reception for the ball games and had an after market antenna installed at a car stero shop and it made a tremendous difference. Looks arn't everything!