PDA

View Full Version : Listing of TSB's for specific trucks

mcmonroe
01-30-2005, 09:46
Does anyone know of a web site where the TSB's can be listed for a specific VIN or year model truck?

Thanks,

Mark

madmatt
01-30-2005, 18:56
i'm running both GM Dealerworld and All Data Pro on my home PC and can look up any info for GM products and most info for any other mfg. as well. just let me know what your looking for and I can find it. All Data Pro is by subscribtion only and dealerworld is for dealers(or in my case privledged employees) only.

mcmonroe
01-31-2005, 04:29
Thanks for the quick reply. I am taking my truck in to get a couple of things fixed and I thought it would be nice to know of any outstanding issues that I should get fixed at the same time.

I suppose I was looking for more of globay way to insert my VIN and see what all is outstanding in the way of TSB's for it.

Thanks,

MArk

DmaxMaverick
01-31-2005, 13:50
Try: www.mygmlink.com (http://www.mygmlink.com)

It's a GM website for GM vehicle owners. You have to sign up for it and become a "member" to access the resources, but it's free. I've been signed on for a couple years and it has been worthwhile. It will inform you of any recalls or safety issues pertaining to your vehicle(s) that are published.

Be careful with the questions you ask. You just might get an answer. Asking for ALL TSB's is not a good idea. Most of them won't apply to your vehicle.

If you look for problems, you will find them, even if they didn't exist before. Too much information is not good.

There have been hundreds of thousands of these vehicles produced. No vehicle will experience all of the known issues, and no issues will effect all vehicles (although some think they do).

I suggest you handle the issues you have as they come up, and check the things that come up on this forum, as well as the member's resource area. Common issues that most people don't know about are usually discussed at great length here, and may not involve a TSB at all.

One of the best tools you can have is a good relationship with your dealer's service dept. Showing up with a "list" of TSB's won't help that relationship, and most likely hurt it to the point the dealer will just "turn you off".

madmatt
01-31-2005, 17:30
I can run your VIN but DMAXMAVRICK is right on, don't go looking for problems because there are a ton of TSBs for your truck but you probably will never have to deal w/ the vast majority. They are mainly to help techs out and most of the info could be misleading and confusing for some(not saying that you couldn't). Definitly keep a good relationship w/ your dealer as they have the power to help out after warr. w/ goodwill repairs and are more likly to overlook mods and so forth for a good customer.