PDA

View Full Version : Dome Light Switch Failure

CCR91
11-21-2002, 00:33
Has anyone had their dome light switch fail? The dome light works when I open the door, but when I use the dimmer switch to turn it on, nothing happens.

I have noticed it starting to fail. Recently, I have had to cycle the switch numerous times and the light would finally come on.

My truck is a 2001 with 20500 miles and still under warranty but I don't want to take it to the dealer. Any quick fixes?

Aloha and thanks for the help.
Corey

CCR91
04-18-2003, 12:19
Follow up:

I took my truck to the dealer to have this fixed while still under warranty.

Whacky dealer story. Service writer opens door to check mileage and dome light comes on and doesn't even notice. I offered up she had just written up a work order for the dome light not working.

Anyway, picked up the truck and works fine. Asked for old part and they said it had to be turned in for proof to Chevrolet because it was warranty work. I don't believe that, it is law that it at least be available to look at.

I asked what was actually the problem and what was replaced. She said, "Open circuit." What a revelation!. That is usually why light don't work. I saw that the work order said Part # 15755595, switch dome lamp override was replaced. I don't know if that is the push button dome light over ride or the dimmer rheostat wheel switch, or it may be all one switch.

I do know they went into the dash because as I was driving home, I noticed a 1/2 inch gap in the dash trim ring and the dash. The tech had not pushed the spring pins in all the way.

Oh, well, it works now.

The great news is I found TranSynd for $30.50 per gallon in Hawaii! Cheaper than Virginia.

Corey

dmaxster
04-19-2003, 13:27
This is the entire headlamp switch assembly...I looked it up on parts direct....dmaxster :cool:

[ 04-19-2003: Message edited by: dmaxster ]</p>