PDA

View Full Version : limo glass tint

dave p
06-25-2002, 17:22
had darkest limo glass tint installed today, it sure is dark. does it keep out heat? when on a trip with the air on do you think it helps keep it cooler inside the truck? have not had a chance to find out yet. its really to dark can bearly see out the rear window. any comments would be appreciated. D&G

Riverholic
06-25-2002, 17:49
I had my windows tinted also about 2 months ago. The back doors and rear window were the factory tinted glass and the driver and passenger were clear. I put 20% on all the windows except the windshield and like you said it is extremely dark. The back window is hard to see out of at night when backing up. To answer your question, Yes it does keep it cooler. You'll notice it once it gets hot. Just last weekend I was at Lake Havasu and it was 116 but man it sure was nice in the truck.

gregmican
06-25-2002, 20:54
It sure gets hot down here in Texas! So I put 5% tint over my factory tint on the back glass and the extended cab windows. I also put 30% on the driver and passenger side windows. I love the way it looks, it is also much cooler inside all the time. The only downfall is at night, I have to be very careful backing up so I don't hit something. Other than that I wouldn't have it any other way.

stillracing
06-25-2002, 21:06
I found a product called V-COOL. It is nearly clear and works by reflecting UV-rays. It really works well without dimming the view out.

IndigoDually
06-26-2002, 05:29
Who makes V-Cool, and where can I find it?

Thanks, John

GBurton
06-26-2002, 11:10
I can't speak for other states but here in the peoples republic of california you need to be careful concerning tinting of the driver and passenger side windows. If you are stopped by law enforcement and the officer can not see into the vehicle through those windows, you can be cited. Before you start screaming - not fair, think about from the officers point of view. Now I know that all of us who own Duramax trucks are good guys but there are others out there who think nothing of shooting a police officer. It's called "officer safety" and I for one would not want to walk up to a vehicle that is "blacked out" with window tint. The tint may be there just to help keep the inside of the vehicle cool or because the owner likes the cool look. On the other hand it could be there for the driver to hide behind.

Find out what is consided legal tint in your state and stay within that limit. Makes a better day for you if you happen to be stopped for some little thing like the office just wants to see your neat looking truck ;) or if by some chance you happen to have a burned out tail light. I know, our lights don't fail, some F*** or D***** owner caused it to fail :rolleyes:

George

DMAXDiva
06-26-2002, 12:27
Yeah, I learned my lesson a few years ago about Texas law concerning window tint...I was driving to San Antonio on business in my company car which I had limo tinted on my own dime. This DPS trooper pulled me over and bruskly demanded that I roll the driver's window down six inches; he then placed a "tint guage" over window which measured % of transmitted light. I was sunk...got a ticket for $150.00! :mad:

I really wanted to limo tint the new truck, but after that fiasco, I opted for the legal stuff ;) . Watch out fellow Texans!