PDA

View Full Version : Just placed my order - 2500HD D/A SLT CC 4x2

whatintarnation
02-01-2005, 08:50
Thanks for the help. I just placed my order for 2500HD D/A SLT CC 4x2 Carbon Metallic, Dark Pewter. I am so excited I can't stand it! First thing I want to do is go bigger on the tire. How big can I go with the stock rim, without a lift or changing the torsion bars? Second thing will be entry bars. What's the best and easiest to install? Neighbor installed software to boost the horsepower and torque. Doesn't that void a warranty?

Looking forward to the information.

Thanks.

[ 02-02-2005, 05:31 AM: Message edited by: whatintarnation ]

More Power
02-01-2005, 18:51
Congratulations!!

If I remember correctly from reading other topic threads here, a 285 tire can work, but owners may need to adjust the front torsion bars a bit. A 265R75 tires fit without a problem. I'd suggest getting a programmer (i.e. Predator, HyperTech, etc.) to recalibrate the speedo if you alter tire size.

Entry bars... or steps are a personal decision. The nerf bars are a popular choice that look good, but don't protect the sides of the truck from stone chips and mud as well as a traditional step.

Yes, aftermarket power products could void your drivetrain warranty if that product was determined to have "caused" or "contributed" to a failure. A lot depends on your relationship with your dealer's service manager.

Good luck with your new truck!

MP

royalglen
02-06-2005, 18:28
Good luck on the purchase of 05 Duramax. I too was excited when i took delivery of 05 until i looked under the truck.The engine transmission transfer case, etc were covered with road salt and corrosion.I was in shock! These parts are assembled into the truck this way. It must be happening as parts go from factor to factory.Enyone been to the factory? My truck was built some time after Dec 15/04. There was no road salt on frame steering parts,etc only engine trans,etc(transmission pan was already pitted with rust as was the front u-joint Yoke seal surface.Go to your dealer and take a look under trucks in stock.As lots of Questions!! I wish i had!!I would still have my 03 with 37000 miles with less rust.If anyone can tell me the origin of this corrosion and what it is(calcium,salt??) so i can neutralize it it would help.

Craig M
02-09-2005, 10:09
Any 16" tire looks to small on a dually. The Alco classic in 19.5" size is the ticket. No modification to suspension required to fit. the 19.5 tires will give extra load capacity (great if towing a 5th wheel trailer).

whatintarnation
02-10-2005, 13:43
Thanks all, I appreciate the feedback.
:D

pontiac_m18
02-10-2005, 20:26
HI what in tarnation & if you want to send me the S.O.N., WE COULD Track the "BABY" Home?? Send this info to me at = howard_m18@yahoo.com Howard

jwlbal
03-10-2005, 06:52
I bought mine in April of 04 and the underside was spotless.

On the topic of step bars, mine has the factory supplied, dealer installed chrome bars, and they seem to be of very good quality. They are positioned well so they are used for getting out as well as getting in, which helps prevent the seat from breaking down.