PDA

View Full Version : My Truck Has Attitude!

Trippin
09-26-2003, 09:57
Well, almost. The UPS guy brought the Attitude controller today. Called my distributor and am waiting to hear about how to upgrade the box to accept it's new Attitude! :D

ratlover
09-26-2003, 12:26
darn you tongue.gif

now were oh were is the big brown truck :confused:

Oongawah
09-27-2003, 14:15
Hey Trippin,

You're just around the corner from me(well, kinda). How does that Cali-Salsa run? I was seriously thinking about upgrading the Juice when I get the Attitude. Ever since I got the 285's and the 45-Gal tank she smokes in level 4 like no tomorrow with a full tank. I was wondering if you get much smoke with the Cali Hot Stuff. I hear the Attitude is supposed to have control for the fuel onset. Would be great :D . Take it easy, Chuck.

Trippin
09-27-2003, 20:00
No Cali-salsa here, I went for the all the spice I could get. Level four does have a fair amount of output from the pipe. It's great for those rice burners that cut you off on I-5 in traffic and then end up next to you with their window down. :D The Attitude does have a "low boost fueling adjustment" listed. Many other features in the instruction sheet I could list if you want. I'm trying to get an exhange box sent out overnight on Monday. We'll have to hook up somewhere and compare notes.

Sneaks
09-29-2003, 05:24
Now that you have the Attitude, where's the best place to mount the head (photo encouraged) and where did you snake the leads through the firewall (photo also encouraged.)

Naive question: They pyro gauge hole drilled into the exhaust manifold is tapped 1/4-20? And is any pipe joint compound used on the threads when ya screw the probe holder in?

The UPS driver here is about to order his D/A and carefully checks my incoming....

[ 09-29-2003, 06:28 AM: Message edited by: Sneaks ]

Oongawah
09-29-2003, 07:00
For sure Trippin,

Is your truck, a Cali truck? I got a service light with the other Juice and had to have mined swapped out.

steve700edgex
09-29-2003, 15:33
ordered my juice yesterday with the attitude and it should be here tomorrow ($848.00)total

Trippin
09-29-2003, 18:20
Oongawah, yep it's a CA truck. Took delivery of the truck Dec. 10 last year, had Juice delivered in January, been addicted ever since. No problems at all.

Steve700edgex, You may be ahead of me by ordering both together. It sounds like Edge is not quite ready to upgrade the old boxes yet to accept the Attitude controller. Hopefully next week.

Sneaks, The instructions recommend tapping the ex manifold to 1/8" npt, and feeding the cable through the door hinge area and through the slot near the hood hinge. They supply brackets for mounting on the pillar. I'll post pictures when I mount it. I'm already considering alternative mounting places. (read stealth)

Sneaks
09-30-2003, 05:21
Sneaks, The instructions recommend tapping the ex manifold to 1/8" npt, and feeding the cable through the door hinge area and through the slot near the hood hinge. They supply brackets for mounting on the pillar. I'll post pictures when I mount it. I'm already considering alternative mounting places. (read stealth)
Hmmm Thanks, that exhaust hole is a lot smaller than the 1/2" npt threaded hole in some of the earlier pyro gauge instructions, which means less chance for Murphy to strike. Will definitely watch for your photos, both before and after stealthing.

That's an awesome tow grade testing range just north of you on 5. Empty, we "Juice" it like driving across Kansas!