PDA

View Full Version : Question for Tomac

heartbeatcanada
09-03-2003, 17:05
Hey Mike

Just got my locker installed and had a quick question. When in 4x4 and locker locked, can you turn your steering wheel like normal, or only about the 1/4 of the way???? Mine while only turn a little bit and then there is too much binding i guess. Installer talked to Eaton and they said it was normal, just trying to get a second opinion. Definetely won't be able to lock it up until i'm directly infront of the sled. Thanks for any input.BTW good times you've been postin, keep up the good work. Later Jeremy

Kyle03D
09-03-2003, 18:48
On pavement in 4x4 with elocker engaged I can't turn bairly at all. On dirt i can turn better because the tires can slip instead of bind up. Its normal.

Kyle

king D
09-03-2003, 18:59
Originally posted by heartbeatcanada:
Hey Mike

Just got my locker installed and had a quick question. When in 4x4 and locker locked, can you turn your steering wheel like normal, or only about the 1/4 of the way???? Mine while only turn a little bit and then there is too much binding i guess. Installer talked to Eaton and they said it was normal, just trying to get a second opinion. Definetely won't be able to lock it up until i'm directly infront of the sled. Thanks for any input.BTW good times you've been postin, keep up the good work. Later Jeremy were are you getting your elocker from i may put one in my truck ....jess

Kyle03D
09-03-2003, 19:34
http://www.ring-pinion.com

Very good on the phone. Came quick.

Kyle

dmaxalliTech
09-03-2003, 20:00
Jeremy, perfectly normal. Its just like running a spool when its locked. If you dont mind me asking, what did they hit ya for on the install? you can email me if you dont want to post it.. I think your installing shop is very good, the guy I talked to sounded knowledgable(dont remember his name)..

mtomac
09-03-2003, 22:02
that's normal with the locker engaged, at least you know it's working!