PDA

View Full Version : No 4 Wheel Low?

hickcox
06-26-2002, 19:30
I finally got the opportunity to put my truck to the test and check out its climbing ability out in the mountains of Kentucky. I never tried climbing a sixty-degree grade before so I stopped the truck and put it in 4 wheel low, all that happened was the light kept flashing. Also when I hit the pedal it would shift to 4 wheel high. I couldn

Flyboy
06-26-2002, 20:00
Were you in neutral when you tried to shift to four low? Mine won't go into four low unless I am in neutral.

hoot
06-26-2002, 20:04
Read the directions.

"To shift to 4Lo, the ignition key must be in "run" and the vehicle must be stopped or moving less than 3 mph with the trnsmission in NEUTRAL. The preferred method is to have your vehicle moving one to two mph. Press and release the 4Lo swith. You must wait for the 4Lo indicator light to stop flashing and remain illuminated before shifting your trns into gear.

If the 4Lo switch is pressed when your vehicle is in gear or moving, the 4Lo indicator light will flash for 30 seconds and not complete the shift unless your vehivle is traveling less than 3 mph and the trans is in neutral. After 30 seconds the transfer case will return to the last setting"

Now you made me go and type all that out.

hickcox
06-26-2002, 21:48
Thanks Guys, It amazes me how things work just fine once you take the time to follow the directions. I guess I should have packed the manual for the journey as well.