PDA

View Full Version : I NEED SOME ADVISE!!!

MIKE MOG
02-02-2005, 16:39
Hi Guy's
I posted a couple of weeks ago about a noise I have in the truck. 1st I thought it was the allison, than when I took it to the dealer they said that the allison was bullet proof and that was not the noise. than I thought maybe it was the pinion bearing. again they said no. they sent out the drive shaft and had it balanced. I got the truck back and it still has a drone/viberation between 52 and about 62 mph. took it right back and they said...normal due to the lenth of the drive shafts and the angle when the truck is loaded. This thing only makes this noise loaded or pulling a camper. Does any one have a crew cab with a 8 foot bed that makes this kind of noise? everyone I talked to says that the allison is a noisy trans. I find that hard to belive. as the truck hits dips on the freeway the noise\drone changes. Im planning to pull the camper from Cleveland to hilton hed this summer and I don't want to have anyproblem. The dealer told me no loaner truck if it breaks down, what do I do with a family and the camper if she has to go in for repair? 1st diesel and I love it.
Thanks for the help
Mike M

madmatt
02-02-2005, 19:50
there is a bulletin on a similar complaint that states to inspect the turbo exhaust outlet bracket to see if it is broken. if it is there is an updated braket.

MIKE MOG
02-03-2005, 14:23
Thank you Madmatt, I will check on that. Mike M