PDA

View Full Version : Ram Air is WORKING!!!

Alli-max
06-27-2002, 10:01
http://markstanco.home.att.net/photo.htm

There it is. Leafblower option is a non issuue. Kinda a sad day I guess. :(

Seriously though, it was a fairly easy project! And it works FINE. I would have to take an edjumakated guess and say it is getting more air than the FIPK? And.... colder air to boot :D :D

mackin
06-27-2002, 10:11
Alli-max ,

Holy "GUTTER " BAT- MAN ..........I would of went seamless ...... tongue.gif
Looks like the answer to getting to much rain in the stock air box ...... Due you live in the "FLOOD" plain area ........ You got water on your mind .??????? Most be monsoon season in TEXAS ....... Just like a good BOY SCOUT always prepared ......

MAC
:D ;) :D :D

[ 06-27-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Mike O.
06-27-2002, 10:21
Alli-Max,

That is a slick installation! Couldn't see the final pic, but I assume that everything is nicely bolted down and the inlet is somewhere near one of the openings in the front air dam?

Alli-max
06-27-2002, 10:53
Mike O. sorry about that... the site is now corrected.

Mackin' - Water can, but barely get to the filter. It might "ride" the walls of the gutter on the way up, but would simply fall back into the airbox. Thats where the "swiss cheese" comes in. I will CERTAINLY watch it closely on the first hard rain. If it does get wet, then I have a cap I can put in place in about 5 seconds. But, I am thinking it wont get too wet, if at all.

pullinpower
06-27-2002, 10:57
Alli-max great job,now if I can get you to come to arkansas and let you do another one on my truck,now that would be nice :D

Alli-max
06-27-2002, 11:52
c'mon pullinpower.. You build HOUSES for God's sake!!! EVEN YOU can do this!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

pullinpower
06-27-2002, 15:45
Yea I know thats the very reason I want you to come here,by the time im off work im beat ;)

pullinpower
06-27-2002, 15:47
Going to the drag strip tonight in memphis to run a buddys nova and I may unhook from the trailer and run the max down the strip a couple of times just to see how she'll do :D Wish I had da juice.

[ 06-27-2002: Message edited by: pullinpower ]</p>

NickLeinonen
06-27-2002, 17:51
nice looking setup.. but vinyl gutter stuff :confused: i much perfer the aluminum.. lol :D :D [i also have a 5" trough machine sitting in the driveway right now lol :rolleyes: ]

i suppose one could do something similar with dryer ducting. or, you could use stainless steel exhaust flex pipe?

BigO
06-28-2002, 20:21
Alli - Max:

Are you still using the paper air filter?

Alli-max
06-28-2002, 21:51
K&N drop in.

GMC
06-28-2002, 22:57
Dude. You installed a rain gutter on your truck! Oh my god. Did you just get bored or something? Why would you do that? Oh my god!! :eek:

SoMnDMAX
06-29-2002, 00:12
Mark, that looks like left overs from the tree incident this spring!!! Good use for it, I guess.... Good work!!

For more ram air options, check here- http://www.ramairbox.com/parts.html

They offer scoops, and the fancy round ductwork.

mtomac
06-29-2002, 20:56
With my airbox & plumbing setup I just pull out the pass side headlight to get all the ram air the truck needs.

http://www.antiquetractorpulling.com/duramax.htm

Alli-max
06-29-2002, 22:55
Alright.... VERY HARD rain today coming back from fishing. (caught 16 black bass thank you... all dinks, but fun). Filter was D R Y. So kiss my arse SoMn... :D :D

Bring your propane havin' kennedy exhalin' maximizer pushin' slow ARSE truck down here. I will let you get a VERY GOOD look at my kennedydiesel.com sticker on my back window. :D :eek:

SoMnDMAX
06-30-2002, 00:13
I could come down I guess, but you're buying the beer.... ;)

I'll have a had time seeing you sticker though.... Simply because I'll be MILES in front of you. Remember, those bumpers add weight, and the aerodynamics leave something to be desired.... tongue.gif

You'd need a second Juice Box to keep up... :D :D :D

hoot
06-30-2002, 06:52
Micahel Tomac,

How did you come up with that nice setup?

Mike

konacat
07-01-2002, 15:13
Alli-max,

I like it! Good job.