PDA

View Full Version : Time for new tires...

BozDMAX
02-10-2005, 19:33
2003 K3500 nearing 70,000 on the original tires (Goodyear Wrangler AT/S LT215/85R16Es. I rotate them pretty regular but have never rotated the spare. I pull at max GCWR about 25% of the time and the tires show very little abnormal wear since I caught an alignment problem early. I expect I am coming up on my last rotation and will need new tires sometime in the next 5,000 miles.

I have read most of the threads on tire recommendations and know that the Revos are pretty popular (and a good looking tire!) and some are fond of the Michelins (not to say that anyone likes the Frogs, but anyway...).

Given my experience, any of you that think something is better than what I have running now care to convince me I should change? If I stick with Goodyear I will rotate the spare next time around - I might get 80K out of them!

Opinions?

NJDMAX
02-12-2005, 09:55
BozDMAX,
I have a 2002 k3500. I had the Goodyears and now I have (frogs) :D Michelin LTX's. They have been great and have not cupped or feathered. They aslo have been great in the snow.I do alot of highway driving during the summer and they have held up great.Just my 2 cents.

DmaxMaverick
02-12-2005, 16:56
Quality in Goodyear tires lately (last 20 years) seems to be pretty inconsistent. They have either been excellent, or a total disaster. Glad to hear they worked out for you.

Other brands? I stay away from the "off brands". I've been burned too many times. I buy a set of tires, for one vehicle or another, about twice a year. A lot for some people, peanuts for others. For a long time now, I've gone exclusively to Bridgestone. Very consistent quality and performance. Michelin makes a very good tire, but I have a real hard time with sending any of my froghides to that country. At this point, it wouldn't break my heart if they took back the statue.

310-MAN
02-13-2005, 05:12
Hi.......At 50,000 I put on Revos & I'm not getting the mileage from them. Other than that I like them. I'll try Frog tires next. John