PDA

View Full Version : Tranny question.....

Snowbear
02-14-2005, 17:18
Alright im bored tonight, so thought id asked a question about something a few months ago...
Back the day before t-giving, i was hooked up to a 22.5ft grain head to put it into storage...
Well itd been raining, and the only to get into the barn was to go out into the edge of a field..
I didnt think it had really rain that much, so i pushed 4hi and wheeled on out there to back it in...I got out there and noticed that i was going nowhere fast,so i just kept on going around the backside to get back to the driveway...
Well the mud only got worse....To the pt where when hooked to the header wagon, i was going nowheres.

Here's the thing... I cant remember what i was in, but i think it was 4lo...Anyways as i was just about stuck w/the wagon she was reving pretty good for lo, like 2k or so....Then all of sudden it was like boom no power, rpm dropped off...WTF....No bells or whistles or anything, just boom no nothing...It might have done it once more at that time, but i cant remember...I know it did it that one time.

Any idea what happend? Was this my tranny slipping or something on me. I unhooked the wagon, and went on my way, w/no problems the rest of the day or since for that matter...
Always been curious about it, but never thought to post....Thanks-Adam

madmatt
02-15-2005, 17:21
i had a similar occurence a while back and came to find out that while in 4lo at some time I must have hit the 4hi button and while I was backing a trailer around the barn lot there was a loud bang and I had no power. the engine wouldn't rev like it was in 4lo but it was still pulling none the less just w/ a bigger strain on the engine. when I was done there I went to put'er in 4hi and seen that it was already there. the bang was from the t-case switch'in ranges while moving under a load.

royalglen
02-15-2005, 18:02
The 03 had a problem with acuator motors and it would default to other settings without warning. If you have`nt had it changed i would check it!!

madmatt
02-15-2005, 18:16
I haven't seen it, but I guess a faulty encoder motor on the t-case could cause this.