PDA

View Full Version : TRANNY CODES

BIG FT/LBS
02-16-2005, 13:51
I WAS RUNNING MY TRUCK WITH A G TECH PRO, TO GET SOME 1/4 MILE TIMES, AND DURING THE 5 PASS AT ABOUT THE 1000 FT. MARK, THE TRANS SEEMED TO DOWN SHIFT, BRING THE RPM UP TO 3400 AND IT WAS STILL IN GEAR. THE SES LIGHT CAME ON AND AFTER I STOPED AND TURNED THE TRUCK OFF AND THEN BACK ON, THE SES LIGHT WAS STILL ON, BUT THE TRANS SHIFTED FINE. AFTER CHECKING THE CODES I HAD A PO700 AND A PO746. I CAN FIND PO700 IN MITCHELL, BUT I HAVE NO LISTING FOR PO746. I AM RUNNING A HYPERTECH PROGRAMER AT 90 HP AND THE EDGE W/ ATTITUDE AT SETTING 5. HAVE NO MORE PROBLEMS, BBUT I WAS WONDERING WHAT PO746 IS. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED! :confused:

DmaxMaverick
02-16-2005, 15:01
P0746----Pressure Control Solenoid A Performance or Stuck Off.

Not sure what would cause it, other than too much pressure not allowing the solenoid to cycle. This can happen with too much power on a brake stand. Unlikely, but could be caused directly by your stacking method. The Attitude monitors tranny function, and could be interfered with by the Hypertech.

Just a note:
Stacking boxes is common practice for high performance demands, however....
The stacks have to be complementary. Stacking two boxes/programs that attempt to change the same parameters can produce unpredictible/undesireable results. What happens, usually, one program will either override the other, or cancel the other. Both of yours are trying to adjust the computer in the same manor, pulse width and fuel delivery. I haven't heard of any real advantages of stacking a Hypertech with any other box/program of similar design. Stacking performance is usually best realized with a pressure type box, and pulse width programmer/box. They operate independent of one another without conflicts. The best I've heard of like-stacking is they really had no effect, as opposed to a negative effect.