PDA

View Full Version : Question on torsion bars and timbrens.....

WNFD
10-31-2005, 21:04
Alright so we are getting closer to the snow season and I recently installed my plow on my truck. I already put the timbrens in and they seem to help a lot however everyone keeps mentioning the torsion bar cranking or green keys.

I know torsion bar cranking doesnt increase the capacity, but will the crank still keep the front end up with the plow on??? Right now obviously the truck is riding on the rubber(like they all so). If I crank it up off the rubber, will it just squat that much more and stop when it hits the rubber???

Jim Brzozowski
11-02-2005, 09:26
I don't think it will squat. I raise mine a few turns during hunting season where I know I'm going to encounter some pretty steep grade crossings it just gets stiffer the farther you crank it up. Remember the flex is in the twist of the bar. It stays basically the same, your not changing the metallurgy of the bar just the static loading on it as you make the adjustment. If the truck lifts 2" and you install the plow and it drops 2" you still will have the same suspension travel available that you had before. The dynamics of the movement will change so you better have something other than GM shocks on it.