PDA

View Full Version : I lost my reverse lights......?

Maverick
09-04-2002, 18:57
All the fuses check out OK. I used a test light and I am not getting power to the lights. Is there a trigger switch on the steering column or under the dash somewhere? Can I check anything else?

[ 09-04-2002: Message edited by: Maverick ]</p>

stevem
09-04-2002, 19:19
Same thing with my truck.
I found the rear light harness connector under the bed loose.
Crawl under there and start pushing on the plugs.

Hope this helps, Steve.

Maverick
09-04-2002, 20:49
Thanks but my aluminum flatbed body lights are all wired into the camper provisions wiring. When I check for power at the wire harness at the back of the cab....I get nuttin. :confused: Where else can I check?

FRMLPLR
09-04-2002, 21:00
Mav

Check at rear most crossmember on the frame. This is where the main harness comes to and is routed from there. You will find individual plugins going to left, right, and trailer/camper harness. This is how I found no "right turn/brake" signal for trailer plug. Pin had been folded over(late Friday assembly). Easiest if you lower spare tire down.(works as a head rest though!)

Good luck! smile.gif

Scott

DMAX Daddy
09-04-2002, 21:19
I havent checked out how the Allison is set up yet, but another idea is find out how the light systems figures out the tranny is in reverse.

I know on some of our construction equipment (back up alarms, not lights) as you adjust the gear lever it physically moves a switch to where it will power the lights while in that position.

If you ran over something that kicked up it might have knocked this out of alignment, or something to that effect.

Maverick
09-04-2002, 22:03
You know what.....I am such an idiot. If you put the lever on steering column on the "R" on the dash then they come on. Geesh! Just kidding. I feel just as dumb though. I answered my own question by stating my lights are hooked up in the camper harness. Camper harness in hooked into the trailer harness. The trailer harness has its own fuses. The "Trailer B/U" fuse was blown. I only checked the "Vehicle B/U" fuses. Oh well. Live and learn. Thanks for the help. :D

DMAX Daddy
09-04-2002, 22:16
You may feel dumb, but someday someone will have the same problem and think of this thread, and you saved them a lot of troubleshooting time!

Glad to hear it was a simple quick fix!