D-n-Tyke
07-01-2002, 08:22
Well got the truck back on Saturday. :D :cool:
-6" RCD Lift
-Bilstien Shocks
-Weld Sidewinders
-35" BFG All-Terrains

Now, the only complaints that I have are
Little tire rub turning right (torsions maxed)
Axle Rap is now more noticable
And I have a major vibration on acceleration above 50mph. As soon as you let off teh go pedal it goes away?? Don't get that one. Back to the shop it goes.

All in all I am ver pleased with the truck.

Before:
http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=D%2Dn%2DTyke&album_id=82663&image_id=0&courtesy=1

After:
http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=D%2Dn%2DTyke&album_id=82663&image_id=3&courtesy=1
http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=D%2Dn%2DTyke&album_id=82663&image_id=7&courtesy=1

SoCalDMAX
07-01-2002, 11:13
Looks Great! I'm gonna have to come over and see it in person sometime!

How do you get in it? I didn't see any steps or anything... ;)

Hmm, bad vibration. Could it be a drivetrain angle issue or poorly balanced/out of round tire? Let us know how it comes out.

Regards, Steve

kanton1
07-01-2002, 11:31
D-N,

Looks awesome. waiting for my lift to come in. going to do the same thing, even same wheels!

Question:

What size wheels are you useing, and what is the backspace? They look like 16x10 with 4 5/8 bs!!

I am thinking of 16x8, with 4 5/8.

Let me know

thanks,
kyle

D-n-Tyke
07-01-2002, 11:45
SoCal- Yeah I have to take it back in tomorrow the s/s nerf bars had to be ordered and will be in tomorrow (although I have no problems getting in the wife is not especially happy). Yeah I have been trying to find sometime to get over to your house. (Just bought our new house, time...what;s that?) Vibration isn't from a tire. Only happens when the go pedal is depressed, I don't think it is drive train angle because there are tons of people running this lift and I have never heard any of them talk about a vibration. When it goes back in for the nerf bars I am going to have them take a look at it and figure it out.

kanton1-Yeah I ended up going with the 16.5 Welds. Wanted more towing capacity. But they are 16.5 x 10 with 4-5/8 back spacing.

NickLeinonen
07-01-2002, 14:50
good looking!

2K2AD
07-01-2002, 18:28
I watched a shop put in an RCD lift a couple of months ago. It was right around the time Bilstein came out with the diesel shocks. The lift the shop was installing did not have the new diesel shocks, I wonder if your lift came with them? FYI - the lift they installed rubbed a little too. Torsion bars were maxed and they used a 9.75" wheel w/315s. The owner said the non-diesel HDs they had done did not have this problem. I wonder if any manufacturer makes a lift that takes the increased weight of the max into account?

Kevin

NutNbutGMC
07-01-2002, 19:44
^...Nice lookin' machine for a Chebby. I like the lift, but not so sure about the vibes. Has to be in the drive line somewhere. Two-piece or one-piece shaft????

XAM-D
07-02-2002, 00:49
Got 6" Superlift and did no trimming. Have no rubbing at all. 35" parnelli Jones on 16x10 Stonecrusher wheels with 4 5/8 backspace. Torsions aren't even cranked. Friends shop has installed all makes of lifts on HD's and Superlift gets more lift out of their kit than any of the other spindle lift kits(RCD, FABTECH, Rancho, etc.)

D-n-Tyke
07-02-2002, 08:44
Well truck is back in the shop today. Having them try and figure out what the vibration is (and install the grille and nerf steps). I have the two piece drive shaft, but it is my understanding that only the extended cabs where covered by the TSB??? Am I wrong? I'm not sure if I got the "Diesel" shocks or not, although the Bilstiens that came with my kit where clear anodized not the normal Bilstien yellow. So I don't know if that means they are different shocks or what. But they look damn good. Now just have to scrap up some more money for trailing arms. The axle rap is killing me....