PDA

View Full Version : dash delaminating ?fixed or not?

heartbeatcanada
09-05-2002, 09:46
I asked this question a couple weeks ago, and got some responses, that some had the same problem. I am just wondering if gm fixed them or told them that it's not there problem. I went to my dealer a month ago and showed them the dash. They looked at it and said it was over there head on making the call, gotta let the area rep. look at it. Took it there this morning and the area rep.(a**hole) pretty much told me its my problem. He said that he can't see a defect in the paint or dash, so i must have spilt something, or layed something on the dash, to make it bubble up and delaminate, which i did not do or i woundn't be so wound up right now. My questions are what the h*ll was he looking for, bugs that were under the paint and ate a hole through it, like come on this happened 2 months ago and he expects to see what? My second question is if anybody else has got theres fixed, was it a new dash($3000)so the dealer tells me, or did they repaint or fix the area? Personally i do not want a new dash, if they can fix it and look like new, don't want the squeeks or raddles. I have called customer service and complained, and they said they will talk to the service manager and get back to me. So much for the 3year 60,000km warranty when i have only 28000 on it. Sorry for ramblin, but this really ****es me off when u spend 50k on a truck and they pretty much call u a liar, and tell u its not there problem. They have yet to hear the last of me yet. Hope everbody else doesn't have to go through the bull as gm might be loosing some customers, if they continue on like this. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

SoCalDMAX
09-05-2002, 10:58
You're absolutely right, it's when things like this happen that people get a bad feeling about the brand. I understand your frustration. I had similar experiences with Ford. I do have to mention, a lot of the time the dealer's service writer has a lot of latitude and can take care of you, no fuss. I'd look for a more customer oriented dealer.

If that doesn't work, perhaps you could have another meeting with the area rep. and try calmly reasoning with him. I'd point out 2 things.

1. There is nothing that you could have done as an owner that could have caused the dash to bubble up, hence it must be defective material.

2. The dash is located between the front and rear bumpers. Everything between there is covered.

I've heard that the executive in charge of these area reps. says there are 2 types of area reps. Those that give the store away and those who won't budge. The right answer is somewhere in the middle.

Hope you get this resolved.

Regards, Steve

pullinpower
09-05-2002, 11:25
Well they repainted the part that was delaminating on mine.Thought they would replace it but they touched it up and it looks fine now.

glamisboy
09-06-2002, 13:03
Can anyone tell me what an "area rep" is ??

After my local dealer refused to fix my problem, said it was my fault :mad: :confused: (I guess they meant I should not have ordered the truck that way). I screamed, jumped, & threw a fit, and demanded to speak w/ an "area rep". They looked at me and said "who ?", "we don't have area reps", "we make our decisions based on what the factory tells us". OK, the factory is 2000 miles away and they make all your business decisions. Now I may look stupid but I ain't. So on my drive home I told myself I'd show them, so I called GM. The real friendly lady on the other at first seemed to care about my frustration, until I asked that an "area rep" contact me. She cheerfully told me GM doesn't have "area reps" & that I should drive to the next closest dealer 50 miles away (I guess so they could call Detroit to ask the same question).

The problem was taken care of, my buddy & myself spent a good day diagnosing the problem, that turned out to be a factory problem. Now I'm real hesitant about going back to that dealer. I wonder why they refuse to call me back ?? GM has sent me some letters re: there concern, but no action as of yet.

This is my first bow-tie, love the ride smile.gif , dislike the dealer representation.

heartbeatcanada
09-06-2002, 14:23
Just got a call back from customer service and they said that what ever the area rep. says goes. So in other words, when they trained this loogin, they brainwashed him and threw out the word yes in his vocabulary, and reinforced no,no,no,no it is not gms fault. What a crock of sh*t, they said its not mechanical, its cosmetic not a big deal. I guess the next vehicle i order (which might not be a gm now) i won't order paint or any cosmetic appearance stuff, as they aren't going to warranty it anyways. A little info i learned was, the area rep. said thay don't have a problem with the dashs, but go to the parts desk and ask to price one, and how long to get one, but the look on there face is why is there so many on order? Makes one think, they train him to lie as well. I'm not done yet by a long shot, thinking of going to another dealer and ask them if they have seen anything like it. Also going back to my dealer and going to raise stink, as i take my truck there for all the work, and have done nothing, but give them compliments and returned the gm questionare praising them. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

glamisboy
09-07-2002, 11:23
Reported my dealer to the Federal Trade Commission. Just got wind today that GM told 'em they have until Dec. 31 to straighten up or GM's gonna yank their rights. I don't know if it's true or not but I hope it is. If it was not for my hard earned $$ those SOB's would not be open, as with GM.

One other thing, this is my 6th new car. The first GM product, & I've never heard a dealer say they won't fix it under warranty because they've never experienced that problem b-4, until now. I'm starting to get upset, I must go so I can remain under calm.