PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Helm Manuals

hjd3021
07-01-2002, 16:00
Anybody have any idea what the deal is with the 2002 manuals?? We are at the end of the model year and still no manual? What gives? Are they afraid to get the detailed data out to us? I can't imagine that there were that many changes from the 2001 books. Any ideas out there?

Joe Pool
07-01-2002, 22:04
I would like to know what the problem is also. I have been on the "waiting list" since last October and still no manuals available except for the CD version which I don't really want (at $300). :confused:

Joe

[ 07-19-2002: Message edited by: Joe Pool ]</p>

MaxRock
07-02-2002, 07:24
I am in total agreement with you both. I do not want a CD...I want a paper edition that I can make notes on. I cannot believe the '02 manuals are still not available. Goes to show you the efficiency of a monopoly! :mad:

MaxRock

EZ
07-19-2002, 13:42
I couldn't wait any longer. I bought the $300 CD.

Click the print button for the pages you want and make your notes.

I've sold the CD set for $200. That leaves me with an envestment of $100 and time to bind it for the non existant 2002 manual.

Dave

DieselEnvy
07-20-2002, 09:02
Its my understanding from the Helm's site, that the CD set covers more models than just the trucks (cars too?). Does the CD version offer enough in-depth info for the trucks? It better offer more info than Chilton's, Haynes, et al!

oneton
07-20-2002, 09:16
The info on the Helm site states that they are out of stock. So the CD ROM is the only recourse.

[ 07-20-2002: Message edited by: oneton ]</p>

Forced Induction
07-20-2002, 10:27
I also am looking for the Helm manual and am considering the CD but only if I'm sure it has all the same information as the paper version, or more. I believe it is a multiple CD set which is how so many vehicles are on there. Has anyone compared the info so we know what we are getting with the disk?? And of course does it have all the info required for the Duramax?

Jason A.

EZ
07-20-2002, 14:32
I have the CD and it seems to be complete. It does cover all the GM models for 2002. You start out with entering your VIN or select division, model & year. Years start with 2003 and go back. I don't think that means the data is there. It's dependent on the data set. The entire data set loads onto the computer. Needs 2.5Gb, Pentium III and Windows 98.

It's menu driven and the drawings have a locate button to show a drawing of the component. The connectors are selected from a list components and a drawing is there for them also.

The wiring also has a description button for a text description of the function. The description link is also in the list on the menu.

It uses Enternet Explorer or Netscape to link and display the data.

So far it's been easy to find what I need, mostly electrical. The functions of the wires are properly labeled.

I found a better way to disable the AUTO HEADLIGHT. I will post it to the topic already started.

Dave