PDA

View Full Version : Electrical - Relay Mess

Aryeh Levy
07-26-2005, 19:05
So My ac compressor wasn't working, and my friend gave me a toggle switch w/tabs to ac clutch rela - i used it to run a/c...

Now my starter solenoid Clicks when i try to start - when i jumper he diagonal holes on the starter relay i got the truck to start. I dropped it off at the stealership because they said they neededto rebuild the fuse block for $100 -if that didn't fix it, they wouldn't charge me. I figure some tech might've broken something... But i told em to diagnose elec system problem. I said start at the ignition switch,cuz i remember when a lot of wierd things happen, check that, as it's an important part...

Any ideas?

My A/C still is intermittent even when i jumper the +12v to -12v in the a/c relay... the voltage across the conrol pins (to activate the 12v connection were were around 1-3 volts...

I want to know what to expect so i can say to the stealership if they're running a scam or not - i can't trust em yet...
oh yeah

they flushed my radiator - should it be pressuized when running? i'm getting coolant temps of ~190 f and i'm afraid of nucleate boiling at block ... shouldn't the system be pressurized? or is it just the amount of boiling that causes pressurization?

maybe a ground is missing somewhere...