PDA

View Full Version : computer upgrades, how do I know?

AndyG
11-17-2005, 01:24
How do I know which computer upgrades to the engine and transmission have been put in by the dealer and when new ones are available and I need to take my truck in to be upgraded? I do my own oil changes and things so I would not routinely go to the dealership.

poolman12
11-17-2005, 03:29
Andy
When I have taken my D/A's in have just asked dealer to give flash update & when they load programmer & flash it, all the newest updates are on their pc so it gets put on your D/A.
Have a nice day
Poolman

jsmiracle
11-19-2005, 06:36
Word of Caution: If you use a performance programmer like Superchips that retains your engine stock program in the unit while the enhanced program is in your truck, be careful. The way I understand it, when your truck programming is flashed at the dealer, your enhanced program that was in your truck is lost.

Solution: Be sure to return your truck to "stock" programming before taking it to the dealer. This will put the "enhanced" performance program back into your programmer.

Jim M.

Jim Brzozowski
11-30-2005, 09:26
go to website called gmtechlink.com and enter your vin number it will tell you what you have and what else is available for updates if any.