PDA

View Full Version : VSS speed sensor issue or transmission?

tully_mars
11-23-2005, 06:38
ok, I am getting the very bad and frustrated feeling that I just traded a perfectly good F-250 7.3 powerstroke for some Duramax junk.

Nevertheless, my 2006 LLY keeps throwing a code that the transmission cannot read speed. Two times it has done this and they can't find a problem. Also, the other day coming home on a flat highway running 70mph the transmission down and upshifted 4 times. Just down up, down up, down up, down up, and then back to normal.

Chevy Dealer has had it 3 days now and no luck.

2200 miles and this is the 3rd time in the shop. 1st time was for the brake rotors vibrating like crazy. :mad:

Any ideas on this problem? I am about to pick up the truck and take it to another dealer.

Jim Brzozowski
11-23-2005, 09:07
If it throws a code they should be able to diagnois and fix it.

tully_mars
11-23-2005, 14:54
Picked my truck up to day since they said they would need to keep it since they cannot replicate the problem. They drove it 15 miles like a stolen truck since I had reset one of my trip meters and the gas mileage calc was down 5mpg from when I left it.

They admitted they didn't have a clue what was wrong with it. I'll guess I'll drive it till the code pops in again and take it to a different dealer and start over. They had cleared all the history out of the ECM and since there was no current code there was nothing to replace.

I sure wish I had my F-250 back.