PDA

View Full Version : Transynd still recommended for heavy towing?

wheeler
03-15-2004, 20:23
Getting my '03 2500HD ready to haul my new larger 5er home. Rancho shocks, Airlift, etc. going in this week. Is Transynd transmission fluid still recommended for heavy towing applications? This does not affect Allison warranty? --wheeler

Buck
03-16-2004, 08:57
I believe that the factory fill is Transynd. I'm not sure when they started this '03?.

Buckman
03-16-2004, 09:22
Factory fill for the pickup is still Dexron. Use of Transynd will not affect the warranty.

Inspector
03-17-2004, 18:10
This morning I had the trans flushed, deep pan and new filters installed. A full load of Transynd and I believe that the trans shifts smoother. The deep pan adds 3 more quarts of fluid. I told the folks at Allison that I towed a large fiver and asked what they would recommend as a change interval. The shop formen said I should't have to think about it until around 75000 miles. I will do the spin on at 10000 mile checks.
I also had the transfer case changed over to Transynd as well.
It is alot smoother in my opinion.
Denny

03-20-2004, 03:39
I put in fresh TranSynd and a deep pan and after 5000 mi of towing the red color left the fluid. It is now amber. It smells fine and the trans temp never went above 200 deg. Anyone else see this? All functions of the trans work fine, just seeing this color change. I wonder if the fluid is OK.

Biodiesel6.6
03-21-2004, 09:55

Last week I had a solenoid stick when plowing and cooked the fluid. I set a code because of it. The dealer looked at the fluid and checked with TAC and decided to rebuild the trany under warranty. The main cluches C1-C4 looked good, so there must be burnt cluches in the TC. No debree in pan. smile.gif I hope to have it back tomorrow, like new. Have the dealer look at it if it's under warrany. Good Luck