PDA

View Full Version : Power Steering issues

durachev
11-29-2005, 18:45
Does anybody know if you can have your power steering pump relay re-programmed for larger tires. I thought I heard somewhere that dealers could re-program it for larger tires so that it does not struggle to turn bigger tires in parking lots, etc. I am currently running 265/75/16's but am going to 305/50/20 and can only imagine how much worse the issue will get.

madmatt
12-01-2005, 03:19
No, but there is a bulletin (#pit3386a) that addresses difficult steering during parking lot type maneuvers that lists an updated p/s pressure control valve that has fixed this concern everytime I've installed one. Talk to your dealer, it's p/n P/N 26095470.

jjackson
01-07-2006, 17:17
madmatt, I called my dealer/service mgr and mentioned the bulletin (#pit3386a) that addresses difficult steering during parking lot type maneuvers that lists an updated p/s pressure control valve p/n P/N 26095470.

I have that exact symptom, but he said that didn't apply to my vehicle (2003 D/A). He said if I am going slow and turning/braking at the same time, this can happen.? They don't have the replacement control valve in stock, but can get it if I want it. I haven't looked to see where it is located or how easy/difficult it might be to replace..any thoughts..?

John

madmatt
01-16-2006, 03:28
Sorry It took so long to reply, been out of town for work. It's located in the back of the P/S pump. the pump has to come off and if you haven't done it before it's kind of a PITA. It's nothing you can't do in a few hours on your first try though.

jjackson
01-16-2006, 09:11
Thanks for the reply madmatt, I think I'll have another discussion w/my service mgr to see why he doesn't think it applies to my vehicle/situation.

John