PDA

View Full Version : Paint on Radio Coming Off

mcmonroe
12-21-2005, 10:03
The paint on the knobs and buttons of my 2004.5 D/A is coming off. The truck is barely 17 months old with abut 29,000 miles. They look extra rough at night with the light coming out of the un-painted areas.

I can just paint them black again, however, the areas where there is not paint for the light to shine through to show the label on the various buttons will be tough to duplicate.

I guess I can paint them entirely black and use the radio without labels. (frown)

I am the only one that drives my truck and I take really good care of my trucks interior. I have never used anything but a damp cloth to clean the dash and whatnot. It's really crappy that this is occuring on a truck this new with so little usage.

Random thoughts..

Mark

madmatt
12-21-2005, 10:51
Warrenty will take care of that for you. I've replaced quite a few for that reason.

mcmonroe
12-22-2005, 05:43
Originally posted by madmatt:
Warrenty will take care of that for you. I've replaced quite a few for that reason. Thanks of the input. Do you feel like the replacment radios are any better with regards to the paint coming off? or will this be something to be careful of regardless?

Thanks again,

Mark Monroe
Harrisburg NC

madmatt
12-23-2005, 06:19
I really don't know if there is any difference. some rub off and some don't.

SSWEBARRICK
12-26-2005, 15:20
I have had the same problem on my stock radios since 2003. Have purchased quite a few between 1 personal and a number of company D-Max's. You are not alone. I had my personal vehicle replaced under warranty. Haven't gotten to all of the problem company ones yet. One would think you would have better quality in the stock radio for the cost! Good Luck.

crafty
01-02-2006, 06:21
On the trip to my sister's place before Christmas I noticed that the 2 and the 5 are no longer lit up when the lights are on. I was at the dealer a few days ago and asked about it. The only fix is to replace the radio at a cost of between $250 and $300 dollars. I guess I'll drive it with out those numbers lit up for a while. I agree that they should make a better radio for what he option cost is. :D :D :D

copperhead
01-23-2006, 10:46
Mines coming off the radio and the 1/2 driver selection buttons located on the door. Really cheap junk buttons.

im_chad
02-01-2006, 07:55
Hey Crafty,
Mine was doing the same thing on the #5 and 6 presets not lighting up. I was able to flick them with my finger and they lit back up, seems like just a loose connection in mine.

On another question about the radio, has anyone noticed their radio display and the temp display getting hot? If my dimmer switch is set at its brightest those displays get suprisingly hot, is this normal? Even when I pull a CD out it is very hot as well.

madmatt
02-01-2006, 08:55
normal

maxdout
02-02-2006, 09:36
Will the later model radio (6 disc in dash) fit in my 2002 HD? Asked this in another post and got no replies.

Thanks,
Maxdout

madmatt
02-02-2006, 11:30
I seen your post but I'm not sure. I'd get'em both side by side then check the plugs. if they're both the same, try it out.

maxdout
02-02-2006, 22:52
Thanks Matt. I figured surely somebody here had tried it already.

Maxdout