PDA

View Full Version : tranfer case control module?

duramaximiszer
12-25-2005, 14:21
Does anyone know where the "transfer case shift control module" is located on a 2002 silverado 2500hd duramax?

DmaxMaverick
12-25-2005, 19:46
It's the button cluster on the dash. The circuits are also controlled/monitored by the PCM/BCM (that's where the logic is).

duramaximiszer
12-26-2005, 08:50
ok, because i was looking for it and cant find it on my truck. I have a 2004 cc dually that has a problem with not shifting the transfer case and i found the transfer case control module under the dash on the lower left of the steering column. It is fried inside so i thought i would go and take the one from my 02 cc 2500 and switch the module since it has the same transfer case np263's but surprize my 02 now i find out does not have it! thanks for the info.

DmaxMaverick
12-26-2005, 12:59
Yes. Most of the electronics/electrics from your 2002 won't be compatible with 2003 and later trucks. Anything involving logic will not be, at all. Too bad, huh? In 2003, GM changed the electrical system to a multiplexed system, which is a real pain to deal with, unless you know this, and know what to do with it. Shop manuals are a must when diagnosing just about anything on the later models, because of this.

Can you be more specific with your issue? Inquiring minds want to know, if you don't mind. What was the initial problem, and what you are doing/did to fix it? What's the part# and price of the control module?

Thanks, and good luck.

duramaximiszer
01-05-2006, 10:08
MY initial problem was with the 2004 3500 lt onstar UQ7/ w/o y91 dmax dually i have bought which was in a little water mishap.
so what happened was my transfer case is stuck in low range this is what i found when i took it for a test drive(it maxed out at around 40mph in 5th at 2500-2800 rpm)so i scanned it tech2. did not tell me much a few codes only so i look on component locator for transfer case control module gm #12584314 , i locate it and its fried/corroded from water. that is why i wanted to know where the module is in the 02 2500hd but there is no module to be found! so now i am waiting for the part to come in. And i will keep you posted when i plug it in.

another problem i could not figure out is why i had no sound either but i found out that the amp gm# 15054672 was located under the center console, so that is fried and have one on the way.
will keep you posted