PDA

View Full Version : radio sound not working?

duramaximiszer
12-26-2005, 10:22
I have a 2004 dually 3500 cc lt onstar/xm
the problem that i can seem to fix is that there is no sound! the radio works it displays, it switches fm am xm , volume up down, balance&fade are centered evrything is full blast cd works& plays . fuses all good. what i want to know is if anyone has had the same problem or know where i need to go and start looking under the dash. i tried to follow the speaker wires from the doors but they get lost in the harness . do the speaker wires go to the radio or is there a external amplifier ? somewhere ?
everything is stock it has the 6disc in dash radio xm bose system.
any help would be greatly appreciated

More Power
12-27-2005, 17:17
The "uplevel" CC radio diags in my 2001 service manaul don't show a separate amp. The speakers are connected directly to the radio.

It's unlikely all of the speakers or any of their associated wiring is the problem.

Pull the radio, and make sure the electrical connectors are fully seated.

Otherwise, it may be the radio...

Jim

duramaximiszer
12-27-2005, 20:28
I have the UQ7/ w/o y91 . So i looked at ONDEMAND5 at work in component locator and says that i have an amp under the center console. So i go and look after work and sure enough i take the console apart and the amp is toast (water got to it) part# is 15054672 .
Looking for part on ebay. will let you know how it turns out.
thanks for your help
this is a great site keep it up.

DmaxMaverick
12-27-2005, 21:58
That part is $130 at www.gmpartsdirect.com (http://www.gmpartsdirect.com) . List is $260!

I stay away from Ebay, if I can, but you may find one for cheap someone replaced with aftermarket.

duramaximiszer
12-28-2005, 21:54
went to gmpartsdirect and seached high and low for bose amp assy #15054672 , and i can't find the part or a price! i did a part# search and the parts catalog seach and nothing. how did you do it.
thanks greg

DmaxMaverick
12-28-2005, 23:20
Originally posted by duramaximiszer:
went to gmpartsdirect and seached high and low for bose amp assy #15054672 , and i can't find the part or a price! i did a part# search and the parts catalog seach and nothing. how did you do it.
thanks greg On the main page, at the top left corner next to "search", enter just the number and click "go". It works.

Good luck!

Onebigcanuck
12-29-2005, 11:39
I'm not sure if this will help, I lost volume on everything including Onstar, all displayed showed but no sound, they reflashed the radio with an upgrade and now it works OK.

:confused:

Bob E.
01-01-2006, 11:36
When you said the fuses were good, did you take them out and replace them? My speakers go out every now and then and all it takes to fix it is to take out the fuse and put if back in.

Bill Knieper
01-02-2006, 09:08
I had similar problem this week. Radio worked but no sound. Checked amplifier fuse and it was good. Truck ran fine for two days with out sound. On the third day I went to start the truck and the batterys were dead. Put a battery charger on it and started the truck and the sound now works. Batterys took a full charge and seem to be ok. What do you think happened and will it happen again?

duramaximiszer
01-24-2006, 19:24
THE FIX

Removed the amp from the console and opened it up and low and behold it was fried so bought another from ebay motors for 50bux and now it works!
smile.gif