PDA

View Full Version : Glow Plugs

TTM
07-27-2005, 06:43
After taking the advice from DP members, I changed out all the original AC9G with some new AC60G plugs last night (they should write a song about the #8 plug)went okay for the most part. On the #6 plug I took the heat shield off and unpluged the wire connector to give me more slack to pull the connector from the glow plug, but what happened was the plastic end broke off in to a million pieces in my hand. There was no damage to the metal connector so I put on the new plug in and reconnected the wire to the plug minus the plastic end and put the heat shield back on. All the other plastic ends on the rest of the plugs where okay. Has this happened to anybody else? Should that be okay?

rjschoolcraft
07-27-2005, 07:13
Those connectors get literally baked in the #6 and #4 positions. I put a new connector on one of mine (not a factory one) for the same reason. I would recommend some sort of insulation to prevent an inadvertent short that could start a fire.

TTM
07-28-2005, 06:57
Ya, that's what I thought someone would say. I just didn't want to go back in there. I will probably just put some hi temp heat sink in the end to protect it. In I go....