PDA

View Full Version : Chevy '03 Taillights

FightinTXag
09-18-2002, 13:38
My girlfriend took her Mustang in for more service after flaws in recent body work became apparent. They gave her an '03 Silverado as a rent car. The dual climate zones are neat, and the electrically-flapping mirrors are cool but I doubt I would use them much. I don't like the big odometer readout. The front end is still ugly, but the taillights look cool. Hmm... You think the clerk and enteprise who checks the truck back in knows the difference between 03 GMC and '03 Chevy lights? ;)

car of the week
09-18-2002, 14:18
I say that they would look good on your truck and the rental really needs your GMC lights ;)

FightinTXag
09-18-2002, 21:05
If you look at my signature below you will see one more modification... '03 Chevy taillights
The look great

I hope the Enterprise guys aren't too observant... ;)

kanton1
09-19-2002, 10:20
fightn,

what about the wiring harnesses, were they attached to the light or were they seperate. I have been looking at the lights, have part numbers, but have not been able to get any info on the wiring harness. I do have part numbers, but they are unavailable. All I need to know is if the harness is attached to the light as a unit?

Thanks,
Kyle

GMC D-Max
09-19-2002, 10:46
I honestly can't believe you did this! What you've done amounts to THEFT, and I'm prepared to take all the flaming anyone can dish out for saying it!! Remember, what goes around comes around! :( :(

Jomar
09-19-2002, 21:26
Never agreeded with a Aggie before, ( HOOK`EM HORNS) but this time I`ll make an exception. Those `03 taillights sure do look nice.

Jomar

FightinTXag
09-19-2002, 21:37
Kanton,
The wiring harnesses have a plug on one end that plugs into a harness junction under the truck. The other end has the 4 bulb sockets (3 for the old lights) that plug into the taillight housing.

GMC-Dmax,
I do feel kinda guilty about it. I guess you could call it theft, but I think of it more as vandalization. I degraded the rental by replacing its lights with those that are not as attractive. They're still functional and I don't think anyone renting that pickup will complain about the taillights. Whoever buys the truck from Enterprise will see the lights and know what he/she is buying and I seriously doubt the resale value will be affected for Enterprise. Besides, the way I've seen people treat rental cars, swapped taillights should be the least of their worries. I know all of this doesn't justify my morally questionable actions, but this along with how good they look helped me get over the hump. :rolleyes:

[ 09-19-2002: Message edited by: FightinTXag ]</p>

FightinTXag
09-19-2002, 21:55
8.1 HD added the '03 lights to his '01.
http://community.webshots.com/album/44581913qyeDaR
If you look at his photo album you'll see a picture of his '01 with '03 taillights next to an '03 with '01 style taillights. Maybe I'm not the only one who deserves to be burned at the stake. The '03 in the pics has stickers in the window and no tags like it's on a dealer's lot. Maybe he was just trial fitting them to see whether or not to order the parts and do the swap.

[ 09-19-2002: Message edited by: FightinTXag ]</p>

DmaxMaverick
09-20-2002, 00:19
Rationalize however you like. It's still theft, as GMC D-Max indicates. Sleep well.

mfontana
09-20-2002, 00:27
FightinTXag: If someone wanted to change their 03 GMC to 03 Chevy tail lights, would they have to purchase the lens and a wireing harness for each side?

stretch
09-20-2002, 03:45
GMC D-Max and DmaxMaverick,

Lighten up !!!! ;) Passing judgment on others shouldn't be what this forum is about. :cool:

Husker Fan
09-20-2002, 08:49
Stretch: Get a spine. It looks like you are more upset about someone judging (God forbid!) than someone stealing. I didn

FightinTXag
09-20-2002, 09:16
Husker, Re-read my post. The pictures are of 8.1HD's truck, not mine. How could I steal one set of taillights from two parties? GM was compensated for the taillights when they sold the truck. I wouldn't have gone down to the dealer and plunked down $400 for the lights and harnesses.

MFontana, the '03 GMC's have the same taillights as '01 and '02. Only '03 Silverados get the new lights.

[ 09-20-2002: Message edited by: FightinTXag ]</p>

More Power
09-20-2002, 10:12
Those of you who feel running a forum is fun need to guess again. It is times like these that being a forum admin really sucks.

This thread is being locked, and if the involved parties are hauled into court, the contents of this thread will likely be introduced as evidence.

Everyone should remember that this is a publically viewable forum. Don't post stuff that you don't want made public. Switching tail lights without the owner's permission "IS" theft.

MP

[ 09-20-2002: Message edited by: More Power ]</p>